PART II : Chapter 22

5 months later, 

Claudia, Lanie, Richard, Annie and Charlie went to the USA for a new life.  Claudia gives up the company and gives it to Ted.  Ted was hesitant to accept the offer. Annie was angry for Claudia reckless decision. Days passed by she accepts eventually. 

Claudia rejects the offers by Roger.  She insisted they don't want to rely on him. She didn't allow Roger to help Lanie to work in his company.  She wants her to be independent.  They have savings left for business. She appreciates Roger's help. 

The family started making a small business. It's a British restaurant. They don't hire any employees. They are the only one are working.  Most of them know how to cook. The first day, no one visits their restaurant except Roger.  He always visits their restaurant. 

Annie sat on the chair filling a wine in her glass.  She is started feeling regrets. Her hopes are fleeting. Before they started this business.  She and Claudia were arguing. She doesn't want a restaurant. She wants planner event even though she has a skill of cooking. Claudia wants this as their family business. 

The first week was unlucky for them.  Claudia and Annie are arguing again and again.  Lanie is hoping she can get a new job since no one called her. She applied for an Event Organizer in EO Company in London before they went to the USA. 

The second week Annie quit the job and decided to start a new living in North Carolina. Claudia didn't stop her.  She wants her to be happy. Annie will her visit. 

Roger can't control himself to ignore them.  He invited his friends to visit Claudia's restaurant in the dinner through social media using a fake name. He gives brochures to his employees and friends. The next day, Claudia got many customers all of a sudden.  She called Roger to inform her of the good news in the evening. 

In the third day, Richard hired as an administrative officer in the Los Angeles.  Richard will live there and he will visit them on weekends. 

1 month later,

Lanie received a call from the EO company that she is hired to be Event Organizer. She got lucky that the company was hiring for event organizer before they went to the USA. This is the time she is away from her family. She stays in London because of her job.  She doesn't have enough bonding time with Charlie unlike before. It's hard for her to explain it to Charlie.  Charlie thought she will be back for a year just like his dad.  He wants Lanie to work here instead of traveling. She explained to him their new life. His old life is not the same anymore.  She needs to work hard for their future.

" You will come back right " He asked. 

" Of course. Be a good boy, okay?  Lanie meant it.

***

Claudia knocks Lanie's door and Lanie said enter while she is preparing her things for London. Claudia enter the room and close the door behind. She walked towards her and seat on the edge of the bed beside her.

" Why you didn't tell me that you are applying in London? " Claudia asked firmly.  She's disappointed because Lanie didn't tell her.

" Coz I know you won't allow me" She turned around to face her when she stop putting her clothes in her Louis Vuitton duffle bag.

" Of course I won't! "

" But mom! " She insists.

" Deams will wait for you"

" I know that you are concern but mom I don't want to lose my opportunity working in the famous company. I didn't mean to degrade your new business . I know you are working hard for our future.  Mom, let me work for our future. You don't have to work.  You need to rest and chilled"

" But I want to work my own business.  You know that since we know Ted I lose trust to hire people. Our situation is shaky as a matter of fact "

" Mom I know our situation is not safe even though I'm no longer the heiress.  But I have to my pursue my dreams.  Don't worry about me I'll be safe"

" Lanie " She insists. 

" Mom, take care for Charlie for me. Informed me ahead if he there is school event so that I go with him" She said

Roger knock the door and Claudia said enter.  Lanie saw his dad enter the room.

" Did I interrupt something ? "

" Dad!" She walked towards him and she holds his arm.

" What's happening? " He is clueless

" You are not aware?" Claudia said looking at him

" About what? " He asked.

" Tell your dad, Lanie " She command her. 

" I received a call from EO today.  Dad, mom, I'm sorry I didn't tell you coz I know you won't allow me -"

" You can go, Lanie "He said

" You are not mad?" She said with shocking tone of voice. 

" What the hell, Steve!"

" we don't have choice,  Claudia.  It's Lanie's dream.  Let her be happy"

" Thank you so much, dad"

" No! She's my daughter" Claudia insists.

" And he's my dad " Lanie added. 

" I know but I want her to be happy" He said

" Lanie are you not happy here? " Claudia asked

" I'm delighted to be here. Making memories with you. I treasure everything with our family. " She meant it. 

" I have a flat there and you must have it for safety purpose, also I will bought you a car"

" dad, you don't have to. I will find a flat on my own and car. You don't have to buy everything for me"

" Lanie I want to make up everything for you. I wasn't there for you for years"

" Dad,  it's enough.  You save me and my mom from Ted. You did everything for our safety. "

" Okay, just take the flat please "

" as you wish dad "

He hugged her and Claudia join their embrance. 

***

Claudia and Steve left the room together and she told Steve they will talk in the living room and he agrees. They sat across.

" Hey you mister, you have a limits. Tonight Lanie can go but next time it's my turn. She needs discipline"

" You're strict, I just want her to be happy, okay?"

" Of course I am"

" Claudia she's not a kid anymore"

" I know but I'm worried sick about her okay!  It seems you are not concern of her! "

"I'm concern of her too"

" then why you didn't stop her? "

" and why you didn't stop your sister? "

" coz she doesn't like her! So I have no choose so I have to let her go.  I want her to be happy "

" The same with Lanie I want her to be happy too! I want to make up everything for her"

" So do I!"

" I know you don't want her to go because of the past.  There are times we need to trust her.  Lanie want you to have a trust in her. You can't keep her. Have you realized how brave she is? "

" No" She said as she looked away

" She want to hear that from you.  She will cry in happiness"

He stood up and tap her shoulder " I have to go now "

" Will you visit me tomorrow? "

" Of course" He said with a smile.