Chapter 14

Richard let me sleep at his rental house here tonight. Tomorrow we will leave New Orleans.  I'm in the guest room with Charlie. He is playing with his toys in the bed while me sitting on the edge of the bed pondering of my life.

All of my years I was living with lies.   It was the really shocking truth from Rose, mom, and Ric. Mom is a great liar. I never imagined she would that to me. I thought she loves me.    She has no conscience. She never thought of my son. If she loves us she will not do that.

I thought Jerry only hurt me but mom is doing also.  Both of them betrayed me.

My life is complicated. I'm perplexed.  There are few pieces of puzzles left to solve it. Too many questions inside my mind. I'm curious why mom wants to revenge my real mom.  I wonder how can I say this to my son when he grew.

***
I went to the police department with Ric to prison mom to tell them that mom ordered to kill the Miles family.  The  Miles family needs justice. I'm not hesitated to prisoned her.  It's my decision though. 

Mom and I meet again in the police department.  She was handcuffed. We look at each other without talking.  But our eyes are speaks.  I could see that she's pleading for forgiveness but my heart is hardened. I'm so mad at her.  I didn't cry but I could feel my heart is crying.  That was the last time I saw her.

***
I'm riding a private plane of Ric with my son heading New York.  Charlie sits on my lap looking out the airplane window passing through the clouds. It so beautiful. He's pointing the clouds.

" That's a cloud, Charlie" I said looking at him.  He's very behaving during the ride and he never cries.  He was sleeping during the ride. 

As we arrived in the New York.  I saw three personal guards with shades waiting for us in the black van. 

" Good morning boys,  this is Lanie my niece and the heiress of Blake family.  Starting today you'll be guarding her"

The personal bodyguards greets me and then bowed their heads. 

" You don't have to bow your heads, please"

" Okay Ms.  Blake " I'm not comfortable with ' Ms.  Blake '

" Just call me Lanie " I said with a smile. 

The personal bodyguard open the passenger seat for me and I get in while carrying sleeping Charlie on my arm.  Then, Ric followed me.

" Ric,  I have to admit I'm not comfortable with this"

" You get used to it "

I turned my head to looked at the back of the van and I saw one black van following us.

" Seriously, is this necessary?" 

" Yes"

"Look, I don't want personal bodyguards with me whenever I go or a driver.  I prefer the watchers than the bodyguards with me.  I don't want the employees seeing me like this" I turned my head to face him.

" Let me think about it, okay? "

" So, where are going now? "

" My house "

" No, I want my old apartment!"

" Sorry, I already pack your things there and move it to my house"

" Why you didn't tell me! "

" Because you will say no "

" Of course it's a No! I'm not staying at your house with you!  I want my old apartment! "