Chapter 23

Lanie and Charlie are having a bonding today.   They go to the science museums and zoo. In the afternoon they go to the park for picnic. They play catch and hide and seek.

Minutes later, Lanie can't find Charlie while they are playing hide and seek. She look for him in the park. She is worried sick.

Meanwhile Jerry is strolling the park. He saw Charlie running while crying. Jerry approached him.

" Are you lost? "

" I want my mommy " He cried out.

" let's look for your mommy " Jerry get his napkin from his pocket and wipe out his tears.

Jerry hold her hand and start looking for Lanie.
***
" I lost my son" She called Roger.

" I'm sending now the guards to look for Charlie. Just stay there and I will go there "

Charlie saw her mommy and he let go Jerry's hand and ran away towards Lanie.

" mommy! " Charlie shouted

" Charlie!?!" Lanie run towards him and hug him.

" Charlie where did you go? Next time we won't play this game in the park again ever.

" Mommy, a man help me" Charlie said as he turn around to face Jerry who's watching them.

Lanie looked at Jerry with her eyes widened and look at Charlie again. Their eyes met.

" Lanie " Roger called out her name watching her and Charlie. He look at Jerry.

" Dad! " Lanie turned around to face him and carry Charlie with her arms and walk towards him ignoring Jerry.

" I need you to put him in the car right now. Go now " She said quickly.

Roger carry Charlie and walk away.  Charlie is confuse what's going on. 

" Is that my son? " Jerry approached him.

" No" She turn around to face him and give him piercing look

" Don't lie "

" You disown him. So don't you ever expect I will let you see my son! "

" I have to tell you say something "

" I know everything. You don't have to explain! Go away! I don't want to see you anymore! Don't come to my life again! " She hissed out.

She walked quickly towards the car. He followed her. She get inside immediately at the passenger seat where Charlie and Roger sat. She order the driver to go now. The car starts the engine and drove out before Jerry will block the way.

" Mom, why is he chasing the car? " Charlie asked

" He is psycho. Don't go with him ever".

" But he help me looking for you "

" Charlie listen to me I need you to stay away from him because he is very bad man" He held his face to looked at her.

" How did you know? You know him? "

She looked at Rogers to ask permission if she will tell Charlie truth.

" He hurt me before "

" Why? "

She ignored his question " Charlie don't you ever go near at him. He's bad " She said as she cupped his face and then she pulled him to hug. 

" Don't worry grandpa is here to protect us "

" I wish daddy is here to protect us from that bad man " Charlie said.

***
In the afternoon Roger went to Jerry's office surprisingly. He knows where he lives.