Chapter 19

I'm going to school to fetch Charlie. I saw him on the playground with the pupils.  I walked towards the playground and called out his name. He ran over to me with a delightful smile on his face. I pick her up and lifted him in the air. We giggles. Then, I hug my sweaty son. 

" Mommy, I'm sweating" He said

" I don't care, let me hug for a bit" I kissed his cheek. After hugging him I put him down on the ground then I hold my hand to his as we head out the school. 

" Bye, Charlie!" A blonde boy on his dad's shoulder waiving at Charlie.

" Bye, Jacob!" He waved at him.

Charlie looked up at me with an inquisitive look " mommy, why daddy can't fetch me in school? Why you, Grandma and Uncle Ric usually fetch me?"

I was stunned by his question. I knew this will happen.  

" I will tell you when are in the car" I said.

 I need to think what to say. I just can't sleepy tell him his dad left us and disown him at his age. He is still a vulnerable kid. 

When we are in the car. I grabbed a small towel and wipe his back then I help him to put his favorite Star Wars shirt on. Afterwards, we drove out.

" Mommy, why daddy can't fetch me in school?" He looked at me.

" Because your dad is working far away" I said.

" How far?" 

" very far far away" 

" Have he seen my face?"

 "No, he didn't have a chance to see you because he was working in the far far away place"

" Did you send him a photo of me on Facebook?"

I wasn't expecting this question "He doesn't have facebook" 

I don't know if Jerry has a facebook.

" He can't come on my birthday next month?"

" No"

"Did you know when he will come home?"

" No" I said.

Oh my god, Charlie please don't ask any question anymore! I know this made him sad but this is life our now without a husband and a father. Sooner I will him the truth.  He remains silent until we arrived at the house. As we get inside the house he immediately went upstairs and heading to his room leaving me bemused. 

" What happened to him, cousin? " Ric approached me.

" He asks me about his dad"

" Don't tell the truth yet. He still a baby "

"  I'm going to talk with him " I went upstairs and head to his room.  I knocked the door first before I get inside the room.

I saw him writing in the short bond paper on his small table.  I walk towards him and stay behind his back looking what's he is writing 

" What are you writing, Charlie? " I asked while watching him writing

" A letter to my daddy " He said. " I want him to come on my birthday. I want to see him "

" Charlie we can't deliver the letter if no address"

" But he has name "

" Unless he is famous.  Your dad is not famous therefore it's no use "

" How about his friends? " He sounds cold.  Damn it!  Why is he acting like this?  My son is doing his effort to find his dad. 

I don't want to answer his question. I need to lie so that he will stop asking me questions.  I'm such badass mother.  Lol.  Who cares?  I don't want him to see his dad.  He disowns his son.