Chapter 15

Jerry is lying under the bed. This is where he hides if he's talking and calling with his friend who is not known to his parents. Many small high tech ccv cameras in the house and some of it place it secretly watching him. There is no privacy in the house.

It's nice to hear the word "heir" but he is bad luck. No one knows how terrible he is living now. People thought he is happy because obviously, he's rich. Jerry pretends to smile at the people but deep inside he is sad and broken. He never enjoys his wealth or being a CEO. He can't leave his own house because his parents are manipulating him. They are monitoring him. Who is able to enjoy this kind of life?

He wants to escape this hell but he can't simply get out because of his parents' watchers. He loves his old life than his new life.

He fished out his phone in his pocket then watched the pictures and videos of his wedding with Lanie. Watching this video many times make him hurt more. He is guilty of leaving her. He doesn't have the intention to do it. He did this because of his parents' sake.  Jim wants him to divorce Lanie. If disobey him, Lanie will be in danger. He protects her from his father. He knows he is not doing the right thing but he has no choice though.

During the day they were arguing about the financial. He was not penniless. He lied to her just to make a mess of their marriage. Encouraging her to abort their son just to make her angry more. Intense. To give up on him.

He never met Lanie again since she visits his building. That day is worse and it even became worse when he says divorce is divorce. That phrase is piercing his heart. It made him worry what if Lanie will never come back to him. He knows her. He knows her if her love one betrays her she will not forgive.

He wondering if she is still thinking about him. He misses her so bad.

***

Jerry is on the balcony drinking whiskey while chatting Amanda, the heiress of the Meyers hotel. A world-famous five-star star hotel. She's nice and friendly. They are friends.  Both of them doesn't want to get married and they don't like their parents. 

Amanda has a secret boyfriend, Tony.  Jerry knows that. He let her allow to meet Tony even they are married.

 Hey, Jerry! What's up?

Just drinking whiskey...

 love problem?

 life and love problem

Don't worry if get married you no longer stay at your parents' house. We have our own house then you can work on your plans to meet your ex-wife He doesn't like the word ' ex-wife'.  He doesn't want to call Lanie his ex-wife. 

Lanie* sorry

 We are getting married soon

 I know....i was having a bachelorette party because mom wants it -.- 

 Luckily, my parents didn't throw a bachelor party. I'm safe :P

 haha

 see you soon

 Likewise :)

He is excited to marry her not because she's an heiress or the money but to escape from his parents. When he's married, he can finally live a house without his parents. Then he will escape finding Lanie. Amanda knows that and she swore to help his plans.

He is hoping she will meet Lanie again.

***

After 1 year,

Lanie is seating on the office chair using her new cellphone, iPhone 8. She's checking her Facebook if she receives a message from the Sky restaurant, a famous and unique restaurant in San Francisco. But she receives nothing. She pressed the status and she saw the Watty's daily post.

Jerry Millers and Amanda Meyers are married at Greece

Jerry looks merrier in the picture. He holds her hand and Amanda is carrying the bouquet with a big smile on her face on the aisle. They look very happy.

When she saw the picture she feels nothing. It's nothing. She is over him. She's done with him. She pressed the thumb up icon and she comment the post Wish you all the best in life!

She is done crying of him. She's done crying of Lucy. She's done crying of the lies in her life. She is no longer expecting Jerry will come back to her. She's over it. There's no way she's getting back. Past is past.

She's happy with her new life because she's already part of the Blake family. Annie accepts her when she secretly visits Lanie in the secret room at Ric's residence to fired her and kicked her out in Ric's residence, but she didn't speak as she saw her looking at her with scared look then she saw a small black circle on the nape of her neck.  Annie realize it's her real niece.

Her phone rang. It was Ric. She answered it.

"Cousin! You need to hear this! Your mom finally wakes up! She mentioned your name! she still remembers you! God is so amazing!" He said cheerfully.

Lanie is crying with joy. She's overwhelmed by the news. She's happy that her real mom remembered her even though she hasn't remembered the memories of her mom. She hopes her memories will be back someday.

Happy New Year!