Chapter 25

After my work, Amanda and I met in the hallway.
" Lanie! " She said loudly and gave me a kiss on my cheeks and hug .

" Hi Amanda!  How are you? "

" I'm doing great. I'm very happy that you are working here. It's good to see you again! "

" It's good to see you again! "

She invited me to the coffee shop and I accept her invitation.  We did a chitchat about our careers. 

" Before I forgot I have an offer for you "

" What is it? "

" I have a friend in the business who is looking for a event planner for their coming 5th Anniversary.  I recommend you to my friend"

" Have you tried referring to others?  I'm afraid what if they will think something about me " I said cautiously. 

" No need to worry, this company own by my aunt and she knows this offer. It's only you I can trust to do this"

This is flattering.

" I don't know what to say "

" Lanie, I can double your salary.  If you want to work with your former teams you can work with them"

" I can have them in my team? " I said in surprised.

" Definitely yes! I'll give you 2 days to think about this offer"
***
I saw Hunter standing beside the pole in the corner. He was smiling when he saw me.  I don't know why he is here. 

" Hey Hunter, are you looking for someone?" I asked. 

" It's you "

" Me? "

" Yes, I got 2 tickets here for movie. Actually, this other ticket is from my friend but he wasn't able to come because of emergency.  So, I thought of you"

" What movie?" I'm very picky when it comes to movie. 

" Bohemian Rhapsody "

" I love Queen! " I almost shouted because of excitement.

" Great!  I'm a fan of Queen too! "

" Before 8:00 I'm going home "
***
We went to the cinema to watch a movie together then we take our dinner at KFC.  We we're talking about the movie and Queen.  He walk with me to the apartment. When we arrived at my apartment, we give our mobile number each other. Then when I enter I immediately turned on the TV and wait for the show where mom and dad will be featured to start.  I have 5 minutes to wait. I made a conference call of mom and dad to inform them that I'm watching the show. We continue talking even though the show starts.

" Steve, I just realized that you are wearing the shirt I give to you for your birthday. I remember that shirt is big for you and now it's fits to you " Mom said.

" I just remember this shirt is from you" Dad replied.

"Really dad? "

" I'm serious"

" Come on dad, don't lie! "

" Steve I know you for years " Mom sighed in annoyance.

" I just love to treasure things from the people I love" He said. 

" Dad"

" This is enough.  So, Lanie tell us that you are meeting someone there " Mom said firmly. 

" Dad look what you have done! You made my mom disappointed! "

" Have you heard what your mom told you"