Chapter 27

Next day, Jerry driving his car looking for Lanie. Couple of minutes he saw her with a guy walking on the street. He is stunned when he saw it is Hunter. So this is the woman, Hunter is referring about. The woman who is his seatmate on the plane.  It was Lanie. He thought of Hunter stealing her from him!  So Hunter already know Lanie?

He dialed Hunter's mobile number and he answered, then Jerry immediately tell Hunter to meet him at his place.  Jerry dropped the call leaving Hunter confused. Hunter called him back but the call transfer to Jerry's voicemail.

" Something wrong? " Lanie asked

" My friend called me to meet at his place and he dropped the call.  When I called back my call transferred to his voicemail"

" I guess it's urgent...so you better meet him now"

" But what about you "

" Don't worry I'll be fine. Let's continue talking at my place, see you "She said

" See you later " He said

Lanie closed the door.

***
When Hunter arrived at Jerry's place, he got a surprised attack by Jerry.  Jerry grabbed his collar, slammed Hunter against the wall. He glowered in anger at Hunter.

" What the hell,  Jerry " Hunter said.

" Why did you stole her from me? " He asked with the tone of voice in rage.

" Who? " Hunter is clueless

" Don't lie to me! I saw you with her walking on the street earlier! "

Hunter realized he is referring to Lanie. Dang, he never knew it was his ex-wife.  What a small world.

" Lanie is your ex-wife?" He asked in surprise.

" Stop acting you don't know, Hunter!  You betrayed me!"

" I didn't know it was her! Lanie and I are friends for God sake!  "

" I know you are hitting her!  Remember you told me before? I will not leave London unless she will be my girlfriend, that is betrayal!  I trusted you, Hunter! " He yelled.

Jerry tightens his collar. Hunter is trying to catch his breath. Hunter kicked his lower abdomen and Jerry pulled away from him.

" I don't want to fight with you. This is bullshit!" Hunter said.

" Fight with me, you coward! " Jerry insisted.

" This is not worthy of fighting!" Hunter raised his voice.

Jerry ignored him and attack him pushing him with a strong force.  His back hits at the drawer.  Things fell down with crashing sounds.  He groaned in pain.  Hunter will not fight him back. 

Jerry approached him and held his collar and slammed him against the wall. His lips is bleeding.

" If you want to express your anger you must use a punching bag not me" He said in a lowered voice. 

" You are such a coward "

" I'm not fighting you because of Lanie.  This is absurd and bullshit. Before you hit me you must let me speak...no wonder why Lanie doesn't want to go back with you" He smirked. 

Hunter remembered what Lanie told him about her divorce.

" You didn't change man" Hunter said. " You think Lanie will be happy when she saw you beating me? Did you know why she doesn't want to be with you again because she is traumatize. You almost hit her, man!  When you lose your temper you will explode and beating an innocent person. Lanie is scared of you, Jerry! Lanie is scared if you hit your son. She told me about you! "