Chapter 13

" Where are you?" Ms.  Blake called Richard.

" Louisana, New Orleans"

" What are you doing there? "

" For Lanie "

" Why? " She asked with a frown on her face.

" Coz she's in trouble"

" Why don't you leave her alone? Besides, she's not your real cousin"

" That's why I don't like sharing this with you because you won't believe me.  I thought you believe me in the first place"

" When I met her she's not exactly my niece"

" Probably because of her black hair or you trust Officer Jenny than your own nephew! In fact,  aunt Claudia knows her real daughter"

"I didn't mean to hurt your feelings... "

"Auntie,  you better sleep now.  It's late. Don't mind me.  I'm sleepy now" He was pissed off and he hunged up. 

***
Lanie went to Rose's room after he put Charlie on the bed to sleep.  Rose was surprised when she opened the door and she saw her with angry facial expression.   Lanie entered the room and show her cellphone in front of Rose. 

" Explain this! " She yelled at her. 

Rose's eyes widened as she saw her pictures with the semi-truck driver on the phone. Her heart is pounding fast and she's breathing nervously. She can't lie in front of her.  It's clear it's her in the picture. No more excuses.  She can't speak immediately.

"  Why did you that for the Miles Family?"

" I was ordered by someone to sent a money to him"

" Who's that someone? " 

It's hard for Rose to tell the truth. 

" Tell me now!! I won't leave if you didn't tell me! "She said frowning fiercely at her. 

" What's the fuss? " Lucy interrupts.

Lanie turned around to face her with a frown on her face. 

" Someone killed the Miles Family and Rose is in the picture!  " She shows her phone in front of her. 

Lucy gave a hard look at Rose.

" Who's that someone rose? " She turned her head to face Rose and asked her again. 

 Lucy is doom.  She's thinking what to do.

" I know that someone " Lucy interferes. 

Lanie turned her head to her " Are you behind of this? "

It took time to answer her answer until she lose patience. 

"Why you can't answer me! " She fed up.

Lucy never saw her angry like that. 

" Who sent you the pictures, by the way? " 

" Ric"

"Ric who?" She is pretending that she doesn't know him.

" He said you know each other.  He is looking for me for years.  Rose told me that he is my real cousin. Is he my cousin? "

" I know him...he won't stop asking me about you.  That guy is crazy.  Don't believe whatever he said. He is not your cousin" After she says it she could feel her heart beats fast. She is scared if Lanie asks questions.

Lanie is doubting of her answer.  Rose is honest to her earlier and she believes in her. 

" Rose told me he is my real cousin"