Chapter 9

In the afternoon, Richard rang the doorbell and he waited for someone to answer it. Lucy opened the door. She is wide-eyed with surprised when he saw him. It's been ages since they saw each other.

"Richard..."She can't believe Richard is here. She knew what he wants.

" Hello, Lucy" He said.

"How did you know I'm here?"

"Lanie's address"

"What - do you- want?" Her voice is breaking

"What did you do Lanie?"

"What do you mean?"

"She can't remember her past! She can't remember her own cousin. What did you do my cousin?I know my cousin well. You can't fool me"

  "How sure are you it was her? "

  "Her friend told me when I saw her in the company it's my long lost cousin! We've been searching for her for so long. I didn't expect you took her away from us"

"For your information, I didn't take her away. I save her from the kidnapper "

"Then, why you didn't return her to us?"

"Because there is a consequence. Please leave now. I don't want someone will see us. Stay away from me  starting today"

 " I don't understand..." He responded, bewildered.

"But she needs her real family. Lucy, if you are a good mother to her. Help her to bring her memories back. Please, help me" He pleaded.

" Leave this instant"  She closed the door and she leaned against the door. She could feel her heart beating so fast of frighten. She needs to find another place to stay away from the Blake family. But how? Lanie is working in the Blake company. She can't just simply tell her to leave her job. She loves her job. But, Lucy is worried about her.  She has to do something for her to stay away from them.  She is not ready, to tell the truth.

***

The event is successful. The people admired especially Kevin Steves and his daughter of the event. Lanie and her team did well! Mr. Steves offered them a ride on the jet plane heading to Los Angeles accompanied with Jeffrey Roa. Jeffrey became close to her team. The trip is filled with joy and laughs by them. Lanie didn't join them instead she is taking a nap. She is exhausted and stressed out.

As they arrived in the Los Angeles, they went their separate ways. Lanie went to her apartment alone then, sleep on the bed.

 In the morning, she went to the Golden Shoe Company. Ms. Blake called her and her team in the office. They went there together. Ms. Blake congratulates them. She was impressed by their work especially Lanie, the new event head of the team.

Ms. Blake gave her another client who is having a  Bachelorette party"

"Ms. Reese, you have a  client waiting for you at the Client Conference room" Ms. Blake said.

"Yes, Ms. Blake"

Lanie and her team left the room. 

"Kristine come with me. The rest proceed to our office" Lanie said.

Lanie and Kristine went to the Client Conference room. When Lanie opened the door, she saw the back of a woman. A short blonde hair wearing a  white V Strap Lace mini dress seating on the office chair.  

"Hi, I'm Lanie Reese the event head" Lanie says as she reaches her hand to her.

"Hello, I'm Victoria the personal assistant of Amanda Meyers " She replies politely with reaching her hand to hers. And they shook hands. 

"This is my secretary, Kristine" Lanie introduced her to Amanda. 

They greet each other and shook hands. 

Lanie and Kristine seat across Victoria. 

"Ms. Meyers will not come, she sent me here to informed her Bachelorette party. The theme of her Bachelorette party in Vegas. She wants  Cheers Bitches Banner and Same Pennis Forever Banner and don't forget to include the Pecker balloons.  The decorations must be a hot pink black white and gold and don't forget to add naughty decorations. So, here's the list of her wants and wants to avoid". She handed the notebook to Lanie and she took it.

"If you have concerns just call me. My cell phone number is on the first page. I'm sorry I have no time to discuss with you.  I have to go now" She stood up and left the room.

"Oh my god, am I dreaming?" Kristine said

"What is it Kris?" She asked curiously while she is reading the list from Amanda.

"Seriously, Lanie, you don't know Amanda Meyers?"

"No"

"Amanda is the girlfriend of Jerry Millers" 

Lanie's jaw dropped in shock and she dropped her notebook.

Don't forget to vote and comment

I'm sorry for my grammatical errors :/