Chapter 2: Texting

Buzz

Buzz

Oh great. My phone's going off during the one class that I will get detention in, Mrs. Brown's English Class. I duck my head to make it look it wasn't me, but apparently I'm not that smooth.

"Ms. Thomas, you have disturbed this class. Detention for you missy." She says in her old, grouchy attitude. I roll my eyes. Well, I already have detention so I better see who texted anyway.

Unknown: Hey princess guess we have detention together ;)

The number looks famil-How did Willem get my number? I changed his contact.

Me: How did u get my #

Willem: Thats for me to know and for u not too ;)

Me: Okay and how do u know i have detention

Willem: I know u have Mrs. Bitch's English so I decided to text u so we would have detention together

Me: But y

Willem: Naive little one

I roll my eyes at my phone and smile. Why am I even smiling? I shrug it off.

After class, Rose comes over to talk. "Yo, Logan. Why were you smiling at your phone?"

I let out a deep sigh.

"No reason." I say, monotoned, putting my books in my locker.

"Oh come on! You never smile while looking at your phone, let alone in english class!" she yells, throwing her hands in the air.

"Well, it's none of your concern!" I yell back at her, slamming my locker shut.

Everyone stares at us.

"What the fuck are all of you staring at?!" I yell at everyone in the hallway, and they all scramble to sports practice, the bus, or just out of the hallway.

"Logan. You need to calm down." Rose says, lowering her voice and putting her hand on my shoulder. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I say, trying to get the topic off of me. She just gives me a skeptical look. "Fine. It's a boy issue, but I can figure it out on my own."

"Whatever you say, but one of us here is in relationship." She says putting her arms up in defense.

"Whatever. Got to go to detention though. Bye."

As I'm walking away I hear Rose whisper to herself, "Detention? This is going to get old."

I smirk.

--------------

I walk into detention and immediately note Willem writing profanities on the board, laughing and high-fiving his friends. He looks over to the door as I open it, then stops laughing and smirks. I put my head down and walked over to an empty desk. I throw my bag on the floor, pull out my phone to listen to music, then pull some homework out to do. If I'm stuck here I better do something productive.

I start my writing my English essay that I really don't plan on finishing. I have another week to finish it, I can wait. As I'm in my head not paying attention to the outside word, two big hands slap down on each side of my desk, creating a loud 'bang'! I look up and scoff.

"Hello, sweetheart" Willem says with a seducing voice. I slap his arm.

"Leave. Me. Alone." I warn. All he does is smile at me.

"Feisty, aren't we?" He smirks leaning in. I lean back. "I'm sure I can do something to help calm you down--"

"Good Afternoon delinquents." Mr. Sho walks into the classroom, interrupting whatever Willem was going to say. "Mr. Arrowood, please move away from Ms. Thomas."

"No problem Mr. S," Willem says, doing a two finger salute to him.

Just as I think he'll leave me alone, he leans into my ear and whispers "You can never get away from me Princess."

Hot, breathy, and seductive. Damn. What am I saying?

The rest of detention goes pretty well, I mean a few flirtatious glances from Willem, but over all really well.

I start to walk out of detention and into the parking lot, then all of a sudden I'm yanked into a car. I feel the car accelerate forward as I tumble around in whatever seat I'm in.

The car comes to a stop; I'm flung forward. I look up to see the sun hit the person's face next to me perfectly.

"A picture lasts longer." I recognize that voice, Willem.

"What the actual fuck Willem! I'm not some prostitute! You can't throw me into a car, drive me to a remote location, then fuck me!" I yell at him. I'm fucking furious!

"Someone's upset." He says, not even phased by my last comment.

"Upset?! I'm fucking furious!" I'm yelling and my ears are ringing from it.

"I know, princess, but we're at one of our favorite places." He says calmly.

"Favorite place...what the hell are you talking about? We haven't been friends since the 6th grade when you-," I paused, "since the 6th grade."

I recalled a very disturbing moment in my past. One I don't want to think about.

"I know, but what if we could rekindle that friendship?" He says sounding hopeful, instead of his usual flirtatious tone.

"I'll text you my answer. Now, would take me the hell home?!" I yell at him, so annoyed.

"My pleasure, babygirl." He says, smirking once again. I let out a scoff and roll my eyes. As a way to ignore him, I turn to my side, looking out the window at the passing trees until I fall asleep.