Chapter 37: Valhalla

The cold frigid air of Samton City, California in November was biting as Nikki and Logan danced and drank around the line up. The alcohol warming their frozen bodies.

The city's lights were sparkling all around as the crowds grew, onlookers curious as to the large crowds so late at night.

Willem was seated in the hood of his car, his cocky smirk plastered on his face as he watched his wife have her fun. The weeks leading up to Valhalla the group had done a lot of partying in preparation for the big race tonight, and tonight was no exception.

They drank a little too much, smoked maybe too much, and possibly did one too many drugs, but fuck it. They were young, and they had made it this far.

Valhalla was everything Will had worked and raced for. Logan was just happy to be there alongside him to support her husband.

She was even happy to be here to celebrate this amazing day with Grayson and Lilian. They may not have had the best impression on her in the beginning, but they did now. They were family, and family stuck together. She looked around, until she found who she was looking for and smiled at the couple. They smiled and waved back.

She waved in return, but her smile faded when an alarmed Kolson came up to his parents. As their smiles had faded, so did hers. She tapped Nikki shoulder to alert her, she turned to see what Logan was looking at. The girls knew the meeting with Grayson and Lilian was gang related.

Kol had been distant lately. She had rarely seen him around the junkyard. He was either locked in his office, in meetings, or off somewhere no one knew. Not even his fiance. Nikki was starting to worry for her fiancé. He had barely slept, going days without sleep. Had barely eaten too. Nikki's worry had passed onto Logan.

Hell, everyone has been on edge recently. The Titans hadn't been heard of in a month. Nothing had happened in Samton nor in the surrounding area. No shootings, no drug deals from the Titans, not even a whisper from the town gossips about them. It was if they had vanished. They were registered to show for Valhalla since two of their racers were in the top positions.

It had been two hour since the partying began before the racer, yet no Titans had shown. Not even a glimpse of one of their members.

Logan needed a break from the stress. Drinking hadn't helped, even though she tried very hard to let the alcohol calm her nerves.

She walked over to her husband, who smiled as she sauntered over to him. She leaned against his front, looking up at him with a loopy smile. Clearly a bit tipsy. She watched the smoke billow from his cigarette.

He smiled down at her, "Hi."

"Hi." She smiled back, but it didn't quite reach its full potential. Something was off. He turned his head to look at her better. She had the starting of bags under her eyes.

He had noticed she wasn't getting much sleep recently. She was more emotional than usual. He figured the stress about the gang and Liam was getting to her. He didn't blame her, he couldn't blame her. He would hold her when she would just start to break down and cry. He would hold her until she cried herself to sleep. Other nights, she would be so angry they would argue until she was blue, and they would fuck each other harder. Last night was one of those nights.

"You didn't sleep much last night." He noted, looking at her with concern.

She shrugged it off with a smirk, "Neither of us slept much last night, babe."

"You just seem stressed is all."

"Just a tad." She answered with a small smile.

He reached into his pocket, pulling out a small box. "Here. Take one."