3. Pretty Man

While Ella loved airports, flights were a different matter. Always getting airsick wasn't her best moments and one of the reasons she dreaded flying.

The flight was short which was the only ounce of comfort she had. Her stomach finally settling, and her legs no longer feeling like jelly she was glad to be off the plane.

Her stomach growled loudly a clear evidence of her hunger. Having not had anything in the past twelve hours. Nausea had prevented her from and now that she was finally here in New York all she felt was positivity and hunger.

Looking around for any sort of food court she could get something to eat she spotted a sign that made her smile. She grabbed her bags and rushed to the Milk n' Shakes booty where she bought a large size of banana Rama coffee milkshake.

She took the first sip and sighed loudly. "Oh wow, this is good. This is really good."

Her phone started vibrating in her pocket and she managed to balance the large cup and her bag on one hand as she took out her phone from her pocket. The caller ID made her smile.

"Can't wait to see me?"

Alex gave a loud 'ha' on the other side of the phone. "You wish. If another person tells me that I can't park here I'm gonna hit them with a wrench. Now tell me you're close."

Ella rolled her eyes at her best friend's words. She and Alex were complete opposites but two people never fit so perfectly. They'd met in kindergarten when Alex had pushed Billy, a schoolmate twice her size after he'd pushed Ella. She'd given Billy a sprained elbow that day and earned a warning from the head teacher and also a best friend.

She wasn't a violent person per say, she was protective of everything and everybody she loved. People often mistook her for fragile and weak because of her small build, but Alex was a black belt holder in Taekwondo and also knew Jiu Jiutsu, Kav Magrav and other self defense techniques. If anyone knew her well enough they'd know better than to get on her bad side. However for her seemingly tough personality Alex was the most kindest and down to earth person she knew. And in that sense they were similar.

"I'm close just stopped by to get a little pick me up." Her bag was sliding off her shoulder so she stopped and readjusted with difficulty.

"Okay, I'm waiting. Leave me some that disgusting shake, yeah?"

Ella laughed. If she didn't know better she'd say she was being watched. But Alex just knew her that well.

"Yes ma'am."

After cutting the call she shoved the phone in her back pocket, the unprecedented move unbalancing the cup and her bag. Wide eyes she struggled to get a hold on the cup and her bag, the former about to tip over, she quickly corrected it and held it in a tight grip. She exhaled and continued her journey when her phone rang again. She pulled it out and answered.

"Alex, slow your horses. I'm comi-"

"Ella?" She stopped dead in her tracks at the sound of the voice. The familiarity that came with it. The hurt and anger.

How long had it been? Three years. It was three years. She couldn't forget even if she wanted to.

Frozen to the spot with the phone still pressed to her ear she heard his voice again, uncertainty in it. "Ella? Is this you?"