41: Worth It

This chapter is dedicated to JamielheartOpey and patiencemunezero8 thanks for checking in on me😘

Edited
Word count :2182
Read ahead on Webnovel

....

"We're here, ma'am."

She drew her attention from her phone screen to notice that the car had come to a stop.
Looking beside her to the empty spot where Kaiden would have been seating, and for the hundredth time in the past forty-five minutes, she swallowed the lump of guilt lodged heavily in her throat.

The passenger door opened, Victor holding it out for her as she exhaled deeply and stepped out, noticing for the first time that the day had begun to darken, the sun already starting to set.

That didn't quell the beauty of the mansion that stood before her however. Creamy white and ancient, but in very good shape, Raphael's grandmother's home boasted of wealth and affluence, yet age and grace.

She thanked Victor, sending the chauffeur on his way while she stood before the towering buildingsuddenly feeling uncomfortable in her low heels.

There was no fence, just a cobbled pathway lit up with golden lights to guide people down it's path. A path she followed, slowly but surely, looking back with every step wondering if she should wait for Kaiden or if he had even arrived.

Her question was answered soon after when the low hum of a car drew her gaze, and she looked back to see a sports car pull up at the end of the pathway.
Raphael hopped out from the driver's seat of the Ferrari with a grin directed her way and her heart stilled as the passenger door opened and the object of her thoughts stepped out.

He didn't have his cardigan on, but he'd folded his sleeves more neatly than it had been back at the stables, his shirt buttons were done, with the first two left untouched. His hair was wet and slick and she could guess he'd ran water through it to get the curly ends to rest.

"Bella." Raphael greeted warmly as he approached her. "How long have you been standing here?" He had replaced his riding outfit with a simple black T-shirt, the Arctic Monkeys logo hard to miss; faded grey jeans and a pair of black boots, his hair in a much more neater, yet lower ponytail than before, the same pink scrunchy holding it together.

She pulled her gaze away from Kaiden with difficulty mustering a smile for the Raphael. "Just now actually. I thought I should wait before barging in."

Raphael tsked, shaking his head and placed a gentle hand on her back. "Don't be silly, mi casa," he placed a hand on the door knob of the heavily set wood door pushing it open. "e su casa."

As she expected the interior of the house was even more glorious than the outdoors.
A huge open space looking more like a ballroom was the first thing she saw when the doors opened, a few plants kept at every corner of the wall. She sensed a light seeping from the window and looked up, her breath getting knocked out of her.

There was a skylight overhead, the red-like rays of the sun coming in, casting the room with an exotic-type glow.

"Abuela has a thing for plants. She's never here. Preferring to spend her time in Spain." Raphael explained. "But when she is this room," he spread his arms walking to the center with a wide grin on his face. "is filled with every flower species she can get her hands on. It's quite beautiful." He added wistfully.

"It's very beautiful." Ella added politely, but not untruly. She felt like she was in a movie, perhaps set in Egypt.

Raphael smiled fondly. "Thank you. Come, everyone is in the backyard." He went off, a bustle in his steps and Ella moved to follow when she noticed Kaiden moving in the opposite direction. Without thinking. "She called out to him. "Kaiden."