10. Mingling 101

Deciding to take Tony up on his offer to join the others during lunch, Ella grabbed her flask and peeked through Kaiden's door to see if he wanted anything.

Once again he was on the phone, back facing her deep in conversation with the other person on the line.

He always sounded like he was giving them a lecture, and she prayed she'd never been on the receiving end of that anger.

Once out of the elevator she let out a much-needed breath, letting the rancorous voices and sight of different people fill her senses. Staying on the VIP floor all day with a very quiet boss was very stifling, and she was just happy she had some time to clear her lungs of the familiar muscular scent that followed Kaiden.

"Hello, Stranger!" She barely had enough time to turn around before Tony flung an arm over her shoulder, the same charming smile on his face. He had a half-eaten apple in his hand and had covered his wild blonde locks with a Big Hero Six cap. "Glad to see you're as smart as I thought you were." He bumped her playfully when she rolled her eyes and playfully shrugged his hand off her shoulder.

"So what did Bossman have to say about you joining the rest of us mortals down here?" He questioned as he bit into his apple chewing noisily, making it obvious he just wanted to irritate her.

Ella moved towards the serving table and felt her mouth water at the delicious spread of Chinese food laid out in an impressive setting on the table. "I didn't try asking. He can be terrifying when he wants to be."

Her answer seemed to surprise him, and with a hearty laugh, he called the attention of other colleagues who were getting their lunch. "Well, well, Snow-White, seems you're not unsalvageable after all."

She rolled her eyes again having filled her plate to the best of her stomach's ability and waited for Tony to do the same. He grabbed a few items and joined her. Noticing her questioning look he explained his scarce choice of food. "I'm on a new diet. And I have to give the ladies what they want. Can't lack on the manscaping."

A wave of nervousness came over her at the sight of the almost filled table with her colleagues chatting animatedly amongst themselves. The conversation stopped immediately when she and Tony reached the table.

"Mortal men, meet Annabella Hart our most intriguing and mysterious employee as of now." He faced Ella. "Ella meet the mortal men. The redhead Ed Sheeran look alike over there," he gestured to one of the guys who had a cute smile on his face, he looked younger than most of them at the table. "is Clay. The cornrow beauty there is Mimi." The dark-skinned beauty waved. "The K-pop girl group singer there is Sun-hi, and there's, Naz, his twin Jaz and the comedian of the group, Cole. And you've met me, the head of this group of delinquents and the most charming." His self-appraisal earned him a few boos from the group and he playfully flipped them off.

Shyly, Ella waved and took a seat Tony had drawn out for her. She fixed her attention on her California rolls aware of every eye watching her.

Tony sat beside her and clipped his chopsticks before he started eating. "Now I know a lot of you have a lot of questions for Ella here, but please go one at a time so you don't scare the poor thing."

Ella frowned at this. Why would they want to ask her questions, and what type of questions? Before she had the chance to voice her thoughts, Mimi spoke.

"So what's it like, working for him?" She had a slight tilt to her accent, something between French and British. It made her sound formal and exotic.

Ella stared confused before she reiterated her question. "Kaiden Blaq, what's he like?" She said more enthusiastically.

Sun-hi poked her arm. "Not so loud Mimi, what if somebody heard you?"