40. Alessia f**king Smith

The crowd jumped with roars of excitement as the team scored and Ella clapped all but lost to the activity happening below them.

The game had started less than thirty minutes ago, and Raphael's team; referred to as Team Red had been in the lead since the pistol rang in the air. Blocking every shot from the opposing team all the while seated on their horses.

Kaiden had left a few minutes ago, to place bets he had told her, and for refreshments.
She didn't miss his absence too much, however, the game holding her captive.

"Impressive, aren't they?"

She turned her head, regarding the newcomer who stood above her, looking at the match happening even though she had spoken directly to Ella.

Ella nodded. "I didn't even know it was possible to move on a horse like that."

The woman finally looked at Ella, her hat blocking the rays of the sun, but for some reason, she felt they had met before. Her red lips stretched in a smile. "First time?"

Had she been too obvious?

"Don't worry, darling," The woman took Kaiden's empty seat, crossing her legs, and eye level with her now, Ella could place exactly where she knew her from. Red hair like that wasn't common.

"Alessia."

Alessia fucking Smith... What game are you playing, God?

A perfectly drawn eyebrow lifted. "I don't think we've met."

Ella shook her head, trying to hide her discomfort. It wasn't exactly easy seating with a woman whom you've shared a man with. What were they going to talk about, Kaiden's head technique?

Collecting herself she replied. "Oh, I work for Kai- Mr. Blaq. I'm his..." Sex partner. "PA."

"Oh," She visibly relaxed. "I got worried for a minute." When Ella frowned she smiled and Ella wondered how beautiful one person could be. "He's been avoiding me, you see. And well," She scrunched her face. "when I saw you, I thought he'd found someone else to... entertain."

"Oh." She offered lamely, not knowing how to reply to that.

Alessia laughed, placing dainty, soft hands on Ella's gloved ones. "But that was silly of me. I was just being paranoid." She didn't know how she managed it, but she kept a smile on her face, not wanting to show her discomfort and rising anger.

"Well, nothing is going on between I and Mr. Blaq, so rest easy." She sounded snide, but either Alessia was too dumb or simply too happy about the thought that Kaiden wasn't fucking someone else that she didn't notice her tone.

She grinned wider. "Of course, it's so obvious."

She could hear her eye twitching. She opened her mouth to speak but was cut off by the arrival of the subject of their discussion.
Kaiden's eyes went from Ella to Alessia and his face took on a look Ella had never seen before like he was constipated.
True enough, he had gotten refreshments and she saw his hold tighten on the glasses as he regarded them carefully.

He cleared his throat and inched forward, placing the glasses down and keeping his gaze on her. But Ella wouldn't let him see it, her anger... her hurt. Poker faces were easy, all you had to do was act indifferent. Yet, he noticed it and the nervousness in his eyes only increased.

"Alessia, what are you doing here?" He ground out through clenched teeth.

Alessia, as dumb as she was pretty, didn't catch on to the tension and jumped to her feet, the tight fabric of her red dress molding every curve of her slim body.