4. Hello. Ms Whistledown

""Maybe love at first sight isn't what we think it is. Maybe it's recognizing a soul we loved in our past life and falling in love with them again." - Kamand Kojouri.

"You look great, Ella. I swear if you pull on that skirt again I'm gonna go apeshit."

Not completely ignoring her best friend, Ella observed herself closely in the mirror, straightened out invincible creases shirt, and with one final tug of her skirt, she turned around to face Alex. "You don't the skirt is too short, do you? I don't want to come off as indecent on the first day."

Alex groaned, facepalming. "If that skirt was any longer there would be, literally no difference between you and a nun." She stepped into the room having been standing by the door the whole time licking ice cream off her spoon.

She pinched her cheeks. "Look at you, sweetie," she turned around to face the mirror. "You didn't even apply lipstick."

Ella stared at her bland face, absolutely no makeup. "I don't want to garner attention." She whipped round to face Alex. "And I applied lip balm."

She grabbed her purse off the nightstand and walked out of the room Alex close behind, making a mental note to take care of her room once she came back. "At least a little mascara. It'll make your eyes pop."

She rolled her eyes as she made her way to the kitchen. She had planned to make lunch for Alex, knowing her friend all she eats are pizza, and Chinese. And a lot of junk food.

"No thanks, Alex. You know it makes my eyes water." Having reached the kitchen she turned on the stove and put on the pot of water.

Alex unrelenting hopped on the chair in front of the island. "A little blush. You're so pale, Dracula has nothing on you."

"Gee thanks, Alex. It's always nice to be compared to an immortal being that lives off human blood." She began chopping the vegetables she had gotten from the fridge.

Alex rolled her eyes and popped a carrot in her mouth, yet scrunched her face in disgust. "Your pale complexion is lovely, babe, you know that, but now, you," she stroked Ella's cheek. "just look sickly."

Rolling her eyes, Ella broke the spaghetti into the pot and stirred. She took the time to observe her friend. Alex, stunning as she was with her slender figure and soft curves, deep brown eyes, a little button nose and plump pouty lips.

Back in high school, boys had trailed after her, even their uni days. But Alex was extremely difficult to please, and once she had the perfect image of a man in her head, no-one could change her idea.

The only man Ella had seen Alex remotely attracted to was Ella's cousin, Jamie.

The attraction had quickly died when Alex learned of Jamie's philandering ways.

Alex being an innovative person never believed in being ordinary, which was one of the reasons she tried different things with her beautiful afro-style hair, and her outfits. The last time she'd seen her she had it in a set of silver-colored cornrows.

Now she had full, waist length dreads she currently had in a messy updo.

Working in a recording company also made her very experimental with her hair and clothes. She'd seen her in punk, vintage rock, bohemian, rock, casual, tomboy, and her latest; artsy.