8. Not His Type

Rotating her neck to release some of the tension in them, Ella looked around her office.

"Well, this was an excellent way to break it in." She mumbled to herself eyes on the heap of files that she'd taken care of and the additional heap on the other side of her table she was yet to touch.

The clock on the wall read fifteen minutes past six and she let out a sigh. Work had been great but she needed some rest.

Gathering her few belongings and her laptop she arranged the few things she could and got ready to leave. She stood at the door and took in the slightly messy state of her new office and smiled.

Her office.

Well, it wasn't completely hers. She'd have to add a little of her taste here to get the feeling that it was hers. She looked around one last time at the quaint office and exhaled before she left and shut the door. Heading towards the elevator she glimpsed a slimmer of light from underneath Kaiden's door. She shook her head.

He couldn't possibly still be working right? There were off by five pm and she'd lost a little time, but he couldn't, right?

To soothe her curiosity, she turned around and walked to his office in slow steps. On reaching the double oak doors, she knocked lightly and heard a faint 'come in from the other side.

She pushed the slightly ajar door open and stepped in, her eyesight adjusting to the dimly lit room. Blinking a few times, a gaze cleared and her eyes widened at the sight that they met.

What seemed to be hundreds of papers arranged on the floor in a perfect circle, but that wasn't the shocking fact, but rather her boss, Kaiden Blaq himself, on his knees in the center of the circle with thick-framed glasses on his face as he read the files and wrote on some.

Ella took in his look, heart racing. He had disposed of his jacket and tie and rolled up the sleeves of his shirt to his elbow, the first two buttons of his shirt were unbuttoned and his hair... she nearly groaned. It was obvious he had run his hand through it a million times, the silky strands looking ruffled and a single one resting on his forehead, just above the thick-framed glasses.

All she could was stare, feeling that strange but familiar warmth settles below her belly. She bit her lips as she felt her face flush.

What on Earth was her problem? Here she was mentally harassing her employer while he worked. She'd gone down a rabbit hole.

"Yes?" She blocked and focused on Kaiden who was looking at her with an inquisitive look.

She swallowed and cleared her throat afraid of what she might sound like. "Um- it's past five, I was about to leave," she inhaled, her breath shaky. "when I saw the lights on so I just wanted to see if you still have something you want me to do."

He took in her rambling without blinking or any sort of expression on his face. When she was done, he nodded and got up from the floor, straightening to his full and impressive height. He turned towards his table and grabbed his phone. "It's past six." He groaned. "Sorry for keeping you waiting, you could have left when it was closing time."

He was still facing his table as he spoke arranging files. "I got carried away. I still had some files to sort out."

He nodded, still clearing his table. Ella tried to avert her eyes, but she couldn't try as she may. And with laser-sharp focus, her eyes fixed on his butt. Through his slacks, there was only so much she could see. Like the perkiness of them. The man did squats. She did a double-take from his broad and massive shoulders, his strong back, round butt, and long legs. Actually, he did a lot of workouts.