15. The Night After

Updates, every Sunday.

....

Still reeling from the events of the previous night, Ella made her way through the early morning traffic, distracted and wholely unfocused.

Moving in zombie mode, she had no recollection of when she got to work, only that she had seeing as she was standing in the elevator leading to Kaiden's office.

Dread filled her. How would she approach him, how will she ever look him in the eye knowing that the previous night she'd had such illicit thoughts about him?

She blinked and shook her head in frustration trying to quell her racing thoughts.

It wouldn't do well to be distracted today of all days. Kaiden had informed her the previous day of their need to focus more on the US Navy deal, seeing as it was their biggest contact for the year.

The elevator doors opened and Ella snapped out of her thoughts, stepping into the hallway and stopped surprised to see a few of her colleagues walking in the hallway.

Tony caught her gaze and walked over with a box in his hand and a smile on her face. "Hey Snow-White. How cool is this? We get to work together now."

Ella's eyes widened. "What?"

"The boss instructed all of us from the dev team and a few from engineering to come up. We're all working on the Cerberus project." He could barely contain his excitement, bobbing lightly on his feet as he spoke.

Still confused, Ella looked around the once quiet hallway taking in the stack of chairs and desk being moved and set up by guys from maintenance.

Her office door was closed, but completely blocked off by the arrangement of chairs.

Where was she going to work?

Sun-hi and Mimi ran up to her, both girls dressed in matching Tee's with seven Asian boys on it. Sun-hi wore hers with a red mini skirt and knee high socks, a pair of black military boots, while Mimi paired hers with ripped baggy jeans and a pair of black and white Vans. "OMG!" Mimi squealed. "How awesome is this, we get to work up here. It's so exciting!"

Sun-hi smiled shyly. "Calm down, Mimi. We have to change our way of interaction if we don't want to get on Mr. Blaq's bad side."

Mimi nodded in thought. "Where is he? We've been here for a few minutes and he hasn't shown."

Not sure of what to say, Ella opened and closed her mouth as all pair of eyes watched her. Their attention was pulled away by the sound of the double oak doors opening. And in all his beautiful glory, Kaiden stepped out, hand in pocket, dressed to the nines in a suit with the tie this time. He looked around the chaos in the hallway with a distasteful look on his face, and when his gaze locked with Ella's he moved in her direction.

Images from the dream flashed in her head and Ella watched with bated breath as he took every step closer to her. Every other activity stopped, not only in her mind but real life too, as everyone watched this beautiful move.

Mimi and the others parted like the red Sea when he reached Ella towering over their forms like a god. He looked down at Ella, those smoldering eyes accessing her soul. The same eyes that almost fucked her to oblivion last night.

She felt her cheeks warm up at her dirty thoughts, and quickly lowered her head to avoid questions.

"Morning," he greeted her companions who were looking at him with wide eyes and gaping mouths. Sun-hi stared back at him and mumbled something in a different language which called Kaiden's attention and he replied in the same language. This seemed to throw Sun-hi off guard as her cheeks brightened with a warm red color and she moved behind Mimi.