9. Irresistible Guide

For the first time since meeting Kaiden Blaq, her arrogant, sexist asshole of a boss, Ella slept soundly. And woke up with not a single thought of him.

"I take it you slept well," Alex commented with a sly smile.

Ella turned on the blender and nodded vigorously, bobbing her head in tune with Jim Croce's Don't mess around with Jim. She turned off the blender and emptied the contents into two bottles passing one to Alex as she swayed her hips to the beat of the music, clapping her hands to the rhythm.

"Morning!" She grabbed Alex's hand and twirled around their dainty kitchen with her, doing their best version of the ''70s New Orleans dance.

"I don't know what happened, babe. But I like it." Alex kissed her cheek and waved her goodbye before Ella practically skipped the door with a smile on her face.

On reaching the company, she parked her car in the parking spot, took the elevator to the main building, still humming the tune in her head. She was so distracted she didn't notice Tony calling out to her.

When she did, however, she stopped in her tracks and faced the handsome blonde who had on an Iron Man t-shirt with a quote that said 'I am Iron Man'. She held back her laughter and focused her gaze on his face.

He was handsome though. With that boy next door look. A type she was completely obsessed with back in high school. Not anymore.

"Where are you rushing off to? You walk fast." He said while trying to catch his breath.

Ella smiled sheepishly and apologized. "I was distracted. Did you want anything?"

He smiled jovially and gestured for her to continue walking while he took place beside her. "So, how's working for the bossman?"

She faced him with a playful glare. "You know that little joke you made about him being the Boogeyman wasn't funny." He chuckled lightly and a smile formed on her face. "I spent the entire thinking of my decision to accept a job here."

His chuckle turned to full-blown laughter and he had to clutch his stomach as he did, stopping their walk to the elevator.

He had a contagious laugh and soon enough, Ella found herself laughing with him.

"I wasn't lying though when I said that." He continued when he was through with his laughing fit. "The man is frightening. You know the last PA he had lasted two weeks before he quit. Mr. Blaq hasn't been introduced with the word subtle."

She smacked his shoulder lightly. "Are you trying to scare me away?"

He rubbed the spot she hit, smiling mischievously. "No! No, not at all."

He bumped her playfully. "You see, I like you Snow-white, that's why I'm even bothering to tell you all these. Normally I'd just sit in my office and watch the drama unfold."

She quirked an eyebrow at him. "So this is you giving me a heads up?"

"Of course. Think of it as a 'how to survive working for an arsehole' manual. And I am your irresistible guide." He winked flirtatiously and Ella rolled her eyes.

"So if I'm to believe you, what is the first thing you would tell me to do?"

He shook a finger at her like a headmistress would at a naughty child. "I'm not supposed to tell you what to do. I'm supposed to guide you." He put an arm around a shoulder, a move that should have irked her but rather made her feel comfortable. Much like one would feel when a close friend makes the gesture. "Firstly, if you don't want to run mad stuck in that upstairs bunker he's got himself in, then my first advice is that you leave that titanium steel room and visit us, mortals, down here now and then. To avoid going insane."