33. Nothing In Between

This is an early update... But I kept receiving notifications of votes from AnaMargaridaFerreir2 and I got excited😂😂 Thanks for the support babe, love that you love the book😘

....

Ella woke up with a start that morning, the eerie feeling that she wasn't in her bed unsettling her and jolting her out of sleep.

It wasn't until her mind had cleared up, that she looked around her surroundings, and felt the soft silk sheets beneath her and his scent.

It was everywhere, clinging to her skin, filling her lungs, and sharp images of last night invaded her mind.

Her cheeks flamed as she replayed everything in her head. She fell back to the bed, covered her burning face with the soft duvet, and screamed as loud as she could, the sound muffled by the thick fabric. She stopped abruptly when she recalled she wasn't in her house and couldn't scream like a banshee -even though the sound was muffled.
What would Kaiden think of her?

Something clicked then, and she threw the blanket off her, sitting up as her eyes scanned the room, her heart dropping when her search came up empty, confirming what she didn't want to:

She had woken up alone.

Glancing at the clock on the bedside table the time is displayed clearly in bold red numbers.

9:00 am.

Being the early bird he was, he had probably headed to work, because God forbid he gets there a second late.

She sighed thinking it was probably best. What would they talk about anyway?
'Gee, thanks for the orgasms, I didn't know how much I needed them. Also, can you confirm your 4 O'clock?'

Jesus. Talk about awkward.

She looked at the bed again, frowning at the indent on the other side, where Kaiden should have slept. Where he did sleep apparently. So she hadn't slept alone. A small smile lit her face up but dropped a second later.

What if she snored? Maybe that's why he left. She probably sounded like a bulldozer being towed away. Alex had told her she snored when they had their first sleepover in middle school. But it was just because she had stayed up late and was exhausted.

She blinked rapidly, rotating her arms. Shit, she was exhausted. But that was hardly her fault. Kaiden had proved... insatiable and if she wasn't in his bed now, or his shirt, she would have thought it was all a dream. But the soreness between her legs proved otherwise. She squeezed her thighs as her body warmed, memories of Kaiden on her, in her... God, he was built for sex. He'd kept eye contact with her at all times, and that had made things more passionate than she wanted, even when he ate her out.

Her cheeks flamed again.
She had sounded so... desperate, begging him to let her come, God, what had come over her?
She knew exactly what had come over her. Alex's grandmother had told her once that when you have good sex, you tend to lose all sense of propriety, and all you want at that moment is that sweet release at the edge of the cliff.
She hadn't understood her then, possibly because that was TMI for her, considering she had just turned fourteen.

But as the three of them; She, Alex, and her grandmother, sat on her old couch with more cigarette holes in it than Ella could count, watching one of her favorite telenovelas as the main characters sucked on each other's faces as their clothes came off, she never knew she would understand it.

While the sex with Nick wasn't bad, it wasn't good either. It was just... okay. Perhaps she was being partial, but last night was nothing compared to the years she had made love with Nick.