43: Moth to a Flame

Edited

Word count: 2312

She was smiling in her sleep, she was sure of it. She only hoped she didn't look psychotic as she did.

Ella opened her eyes slowly, breathing in the morning air as she stretched her stiff limbs, the smile seemingly glued on her face.

She'd done it. She had taken the leap. Finally.

She hadn't come down from her high since last night. Even now the memory replayed in her head. His face when she said yes, the way he wasted no time in crushing his lips to hers, and finally, she felt right again.

She couldn't quite describe the feeling that swarmed her whenever Kaiden touched her, but it felt like touching a live wire, only you survive the effects.

Still grinning like an idiot, she grabbed her phone and sent a text to Alex, because she felt like if she didn't tell anyone about it, she may implode.

The text sent, she dropped her phone on the bed, grabbed her pillow, and screamed into it, shaking her legs in the air.

He likes me!

Even though she was still excited about everything, the thought that they would be leaving Vegas in a few hours took her down a few notches.

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.
She quickly sat up, realizing there was only one person who would be knocking on the door.

"Coming." She said, and as quickly as she could ran to the bathroom, trying to brush out the million knots in her hair. When that didn't work, she took the hair band from her wrist and tied her hair in a messy bun. Splashing cold water on her face, she punched her cheeks and looked at her reflection in the mirror.

"Ugh, this is a disaster."

Not wanting to keep him waiting, she ignored the fact she looked like a drowned puppy and ran to the door. Her hand on the handle, she took several calming breaths before turning the handle.

He's probably never had a bad hair. And dear God, the man certainly knew how to make anything work.

Greedily, her eyes raked his body, every hard muscle she wanted, no, needed, to touch. Dressed in a white t-shirt and dark sweatpants, perfect bed hair- if there was such a thing, he looked edible, and she was starving.

Last night had ended with the greatest kiss of her life, and Kaiden had escorted her to her room after they spent hours simply cuddling.
She wasn't complaining, it was sweet, but if another heated moment came up, she couldn't trust herself to not tackle him to the nearest surface. Hard or soft.

"Hi." He leaned on the doorframe grinning lopsidedly as he took her in. "Sleep well?"

Call her crazy, but there was something insanely attractive about a man leaning on things. Doorframes, tables, cars. Especially when they looked like him.

Looks like that heated moment would come sooner than later.

She swallowed, internally chiding herself. It was barely eight in the morning and she was already think about sex. Although early morning sex was the best. No, shower sex... Her eyes raked his body again, the second time in less than a minute, as she imagined him soaking wet...

Holy mother of -

"You're packed." He was looking behind her, to be more specific at her neatly arranged travel bag on the bed. His eyebrows shot up in surprise.