Runaway Love

RUNAWAY LOVE

"Mom, my friend needs help." Sixteen year old Keith told his mother, Jennifer.

Putting the knife down, she gave him her attention. "Needs help? What's wrong?" She asked.

"She's been getting abused by her stepfather," stopping because you had him promise not to tell a single soul but he wanted to help. He knew it wasn't right. "He's hurting her and there's nothing she can do. He told her he'll kill her if she told anyone but she told me."

"Abusing her how, Keith?" She didn't even want to now how but if she wanted to help, she'll need all the information she can get.

"Hitting her. He leaves bruises but she lies to the teachers and says she just has really sensitive skin so she bruise easily."

Taking a breather, she was glad it wasn't what she was thinking but it was still bad and knew she had to help her.

"Where's her mom?"

"Her mom died last year because of cancer."

"I will help her but I need you to not get involved."

"What? I got involved the minute she came to me crying because she couldn't take anymore. I wanna help too." Saying fine, Jennifer went into her home office to make some calls.

Keith went up to his room to wait until she was gone so he can go get her friend for good.

-

Hours passed and Jennifer was still in her office on the phone with children services.

"You're telling me there's nothing we can do about this?"

"I'm sorry ma'am but there haven't been any reports about her and plus the father-"

"Stepfather."

"Yes, stepfather is the sheriff, it's his word against ours."

"Okay well thank you for your help." She hung up without waiting for a goodbye.

Keith was outside the door trying his best to listen to the conversation. What he got out of it, she was never going to be able to leave.

Racing up to his room, he got his cellphone and dialed her number.

"Hello?" Y/N answered.

"Hey, Y/N. it's Keith." He got nervous all of a sudden.

"Yes I know."

"Oh yeah, right. Forgot about caller ID. Listen, I need you to runaway." He bluntly said.

Shocked by his suggestion, she was mute for a few seconds. "Runaway? I can't Keith. He will find me."

"I promise he will never find you."

"I'm scared." She admitted.

Keith knew she would be but what's worse, running away or staying in a home where you're getting abused. She was mainly scared about being on her own. "I'll runaway with you." He whispered.

"What?"

"I said that I'll runaway with you."

"What? You can't. You got a family that loves you. They wouldn't want you to runaway." He wasn't even thinking about his family before talking.

"Dang I wasn't even thinking about that," Keith voiced sitting down on his bed. "I'll run away with you if you want me to."

"I can't ask of that."

"I'm sure my family will understand. I'll keep in contact with them." He noticed trying to reason with her was hard.

"Keith, we're only sixteen. We both could get in trouble if they catch us." Y/N knew he wouldn't drop it until she was out of that house for good. "I'll think about it. But you can't come."

-

I seen the trailer for 'The Book of Henry' and really liked it. So the idea for this imagine if from the movie and the song in the media.