Circle

Pulling up to your moms house, you seen a white jeep next to your moms space gray Mercedes car.

Grabbing your suitcase and carryon, you walked up to the house you grew up in. Unlocking the door with your key, you heard your mother speaking to someone in the kitchen.

"How has your mother been?" You heard her ask while also hearing what sounded like a glass cup landing on her glass table.

"She's been good. The same personality." The voice started to become familiar.

"That's good. Tell her I said 'Hi' and that I miss her. She was my only friend for so long."

"Let me give you her number, it'll make her happy to hear from you after five years." You recognized who the voice belonged to once your mom said their mom was her only friend.

It was Keith.

-

Keith was visiting his hometown and while cruising down his old block, he seen a familiar lady sitting on the porch of a house that used to be his favorite.

Pulling his jeep to a stop in front of the house, he got out and walked up the stairs.

Looking up from reading her book, a smile formed on her face. "Oh, Keith. It's been so long since I've seen you! How you been? Still as handsome as ever!" Pinching his cheeks, she kissed him on his forehead.

"It's good to see you too, Mrs, Y/L/N. I've been good. Graduated college last year and recently opened my own business."

"I'm so proud of you, what are you doing all the way back out here?" The truth was, Keith was going through his old things his mother finally sent him since he was moving away for good. He found an old picture you took of him in high school and all these memories started coming back.

"Just wanted to see my first home again." He lied.

"Come in."

Walking in after her into her home, he followed her into the kitchen.

"Y/N's in town. She's going to be here for a week." Not knowing what to say, Keith stayed silent. "I was on the porch waiting for her she called me a little before you pulled up and told me she was about five minutes away so I had to invite you in." Making Keith and herself a cup of tea.

Seconds later, Keith heard the front door open and close.

"How has your mother been?" Her mom asked Keith, while winking and placing his cup of tea down in front of him...

-

"Mom?" You asked walking into the kitchen and meeting the eyes of your mother and Keith.

"Ah! My baby finally home! I've missed you so much!" Suffocating you into a hug, she rocked y'all side to side.

"I've missed you too, mommy." Kissing her on her cheek. You finally greeted Keith after she let you go.

"Hey, Keith."

"Hey, Y/N."

Awkward...

"You guys have a lot of stuff to catch up on. I'll make some lunch while you two go into the living room or on the porch to talk."

-

Continue? Yes, this is from Marques Houston's song, Circle. A song I will never get tired of.

I haven't wrote anything in so long, so excuse me if this doesn't make sense and just look messy. 😩