Love Of Remorse • Three

Sitting down in the meeting room, you listened to the men talk

Sitting down in the meeting room, you listened to the men talk. The men in the family came up with the plans and sometimes if they sounded stupid, the women would speak up. They all had the mindset, 'They do what they wanna do' but they knew that the things they wanted to do will either get them killed or hurt badly.

"What are we going to do about the Powers? They're close to getting ahead of us. I can ask Morty to hack their accounts and put the money into yours." Your father suggested to your grandfather.

"That won't be necessary, son. I have a plan." He said pushing his glasses up. "I've been told that the oldest son, Keith, has a crush on our Y/N here." Freezing from his words, you wondered if your aunt Diane told them about your past relations with him.

"A crush? On me?" You spoke up acting clueless. "He hated me back in High School. We hated each other."

"Boys show their affection in the worse ways sometimes, dear." Your mother said putting her hand on your shoulder.

"I want you to reel him in, make him fall in love with you then kill him."

"Grandpa, he will not want anything to do with me. He knows I'm apart of this family. Keith Powers might be handsome but he doesn't seem to be dumb." It was so hard to speak of him like he hasn't told you everything about him. From his middle name to why he's so deep into the family business.

"Plus if she was to kill him, his family would not let that slide. They will come after her if not the whole family." Your cousin, Robert spoke up.

"Yes I know." Rolling his eyes. "I know what I am doing. Now please, listen!" Taking a breath, he directed his eyes to you. "You're going to go to his home and tell him you have information about our bank accounts. You were kicked out of the family and want revenge, the usual. You're then going to be around him and everyone else for a while to make them start to trust you then you kill."

"I don't want to do this." You said shaking your head.

"If you do not do this, you will die with the whole family. Am I understood?" Shaking your head yes. "I want to hear words!"

"Yes sir. I understand."

-

Your parents were watching you getting ready to 'sneak' out of your bedroom window.

"Be safe." Hugging both of your parents you climbed out the window and jumped on the roof then to the other one. Climbing down the white fence on the side of your house, you ran across the street to Keith's house.

In your hand were the fake bank statements your grandfather gave you for a bank account he created a while ago. Inside the account was 100M dollars. You told told to give them that and tell them you could get the others later on.

Knocking on the door, you were greeted by the end of a gun barrel. "What are you doing here?" Kevin questioned never lowering the gun.

"I need to speak to your dad."

"For what?"

"I can't tell you." Kissing his teeth, he pulled out his Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus to make a call.

"Y/N Venture is out here to speak with you,"

"..."

"Yes sir, I will." Putting his phone and putting the gun down he stepped aside to allow you to walk in. "Follow me and don't touch anything. I don't trust you."

You just rolled your eyes in response.

You couldn't afford to appear nervous in front of them or you would blow the whole thing.

"Ah, Miss Y/N!" Big Keith exclaimed standing up from his seat to give you an awkward hug. "I haven't seen you in four year? Yeah that's it." On graduation day.

"Hello, Mr. Powers."

"What brings you here?" Lending on his desk, he folded his arms.

"I have my grandfathers bank information. They disowned me so I want to get back at them and what better way than to give their money to the Powers?" Handing him the statements, you waited until he went through it all.

"How can I trust you if you're so quick to betray your family after an argument?" He questioned looking you into your eyes.

"They betrayed me first. I want them to fell how I felt."

"Check her for any bugs."

Getting grabbed from behind, you patted down and they found mother but your cell phone.

"Kev, direct her to the dining room and get Keith to watch her. We have business to handle." Nodding his hand, he snatched your arm and roughly pulled you out the room.

"Hey watch it!" Pulling your arm back, you wanted so bad to knock him upside the head just for doing that but you knew you couldn't.

Following him into a big dining room, he pointed to a random chair for you to sit. Pulling out his phone once again, you assumed his was calling Keith.

"Come to the dining room. You have to watch someone." Hanging up the phone, he mugged you the whole time until Keith showed up.

"What is she doing here?" Keith asked walking into the room in a white beater and basketball shorts on with a durag covering his hair.

"She's here to betray her family. Watch her." With that, he walked out the room and that only left you two.

Coming to sit next to you, he pulled his chair as close as possible.

"What are you doing?" He whispered.

"What he said." You smartly reapplied.

"The Y/N I know would never do this."

"The Y/N you knew, died four years ago. You don't know this Y/N." You wanted to badly to look in his eyes to play the part but you knew the moment you did, he'll see right through you.

"I can't believe this." He mumbled shaking his head. "Whatever happens, is on you. I'm not helping you and I won't betray my family for someone who just left." Scooting back over, y'all both remained silent.

-

I knew I said that I would probably update last night so I apologize for the delay. I was on the highway for four hours then today, I went to the hospital and was the for almost two hours. But finally, it is here! I don't read my own writing, so if I misspelled something or something doesn't make sense, please tell me and I will fix it!