Blue Lagoon

You were on a cruise ship with your graduating class on the way to the Bahamas. You've been talking about this trip nonstop with your family and it's finally happening.

After years of being a good girl, you wanted to break free. Some of the kids snuck liquor on the yacht.

"Hey, can I get a shot?" You nicely asked a boy who you had English with. Handing you a shot of Hennessy, you took a sip and crunched your face up in disgust.

"Just down it. Don't even think about the taste." He told you titling your head back. Thinking what the heck, you downed the Hennessy not thinking about the taste like he told you.

Shots later, you were drunk dancing with your friends to Drakes 'Blem' by the edge of the boat.

It started storming hard. The rain feeling like hail hitting your skin. You were so drunk, you just stood there while everyone else went inside to hide from the rain. Big waves started shaking the yacht.

"What are you doing?! Get inside!" A boy named Keith said sticking his head out. He was on the football team and also in your AP Math class. He stepped out on the dock and slipped from the water and the boat shaking a little.

"I'm scared." You finally said shivering rubbing your upper arms.

Keith got to you right as the yacht started going up and down with hard movements. "Oh shit." He cursed.

You both held onto the railing because the water and the bumps were making you both lose balance. "Aye, listen to me. We're going to let go at the same time and run over there. On the count of three."

"One."

"Two."

"Three." Time stopped when you let go of the railing to start running. But you weren't quick enough because the biggest wave yet pushed against the yacht and made you and Keith fall into the ocean.

Lucky there was a blow up little boat on the outside of the yacht that Keith held onto not knowing what it was at the time. You held onto his waist with your face buried in his back.

The strength of the water was making Keith slowly lose his grip. Finding something else to hold onto, he accidentally pulled the cord to inflate the boat. Which also pushed y'all further away from the yacht.

Pulling his self in then you, you got on his knees and waved his arms back and forth shouting to get everyone's attention.

His yells we're getting further and further away their ears from the waves pushing the boat in a different direction.

Still drunk, the movements made you throw up into the ocean.

"Yuck." Keith mumbled sitting down across from you.

"Shut up." You said after you were done.

"This is all your fault. If you weren't just standing in the rain like an idiot. We could both be back on the yacht." He said glaring at you.

"No one told you to come out there for me. That's your fault, big fella." Rolling his eyes, he turned his body around to look at the surroundings but it was pitch black and he couldn't see anything. Not even the yacht.

"I don't wanna die!" Crying your eyes out, you brought your knees up under your chin and hugged them. "I just graduated High School. I'm supposed to start school in the fall."

"You? I have a football scholarship to LSU and my parents were getting me my own crib when I got back from this trip." Shaking his head at you, he laid his legs out to where his feet were almost touching you.

"I'm never drinking again." You mumbled to yourself. "This is all Hennessy's fault. My scary butt would have never been so close to the edge."

"Look, we're going to be okay." Keith gave a sigh coming over to sit next to you.

"No we're not. We are in the middle of nowhere! There's sharks underneath us." You cried harder.

"When you put it that way... Fuck." It was silent besides the rain hitting the water and the boat.

-

This is just something I wanted to write because I seen the movie Blue Lagoon when I was in middle school and I liked it. I haven't seen it since middle school so I probably got some things messed up. But I do remember them being on a boat.