epilogue

The bright white lights flashed from overhead as confetti rained down upon the screaming crowd. The tiny slips of tissue paper clung to my bare, sweat covered shoulders, but I paid no mind to them as I grin excitedly at the kids in the front row before I looked back into the depths of the crowd and beamed as brightly as I could.

I never imagined we would get this far. I never imagined being able to connect with strangers on level only few could really understand. There was no doubt that music had the ability to help people and somehow Tyler and I had become the poster children of the underdogs and misunderstood.

"Holy crap!" Tyler's voice was heard over all the other screams as he came up next to me.

Tyler's hand covered his mouth in astonishment and his eyes were wide as he turned from me to soak up the crowds praise. My heart raced a mile a minute, feeling as though it could burst out of my chest at any moment. There was nothing like it. The adrenaline that pumped through my veins on nights like these made my head spin, but there was no better feeling. Though maybe there was one better.

My eyes scanned the crowd and as I turned my head all the way to the right I easily spotted a head of dark brown hair and bright green eyes. Bryce was where she always said she'd be, by my side cheering me on.

As she caught my gaze a proud smile spread across her face and she quickly pressed her right hand to her heart before she pointed at me. My stomach turned to knots at the simple gesture and I returned it without hesitation.

The feeling of Tyler's arm as it wrapped around my shoulders stole my attention and I glanced at my best friend with a slight nod, his grin never faltering as we both took a final bow. Like second nature as we stood back and waved to the crowd of our first sold out show, both Tyler and I raised our hands to form the symbol of our band.

"Thank you everyone for coming out tonight!" Tyler spoke one last time into his microphone as I continued to hold the sign out toward the crowd that mirror my actions right back.

"We are Twenty One Pilots..." Tyler lowered the microphone for only a second as we turned to each with matching grins before he looked back out over the sea of people.

"And so are you."

end

.