𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚎.

(𝚢/𝚗) 𝚙𝚘𝚟

I felt my hands and legs tied up to a chair and had a burlap sack on my head. I felt exhausted and I didn't know where I was. I was breathing heavily as if I had been struggling for a while. My hands and feet were getting numb from the lack of blood circulation. I tried to wiggle my arms free but I couldn't.

I heard a door creak open and footsteps coming towards my direction. The footsteps stopped right in front of me and the person pulled the burlap sack off me. I squinted from the spotlight that was directed right at my face. I blinked a few times while my eyes readjusted to the brightness. There was a man standing in front of me. He was pretty tall and slender but looked like he had a good muscular build. No doubt he was stronger than me. He was wearing a grey T-shirt and a blue hoodie zipped up halfway with black pants and shoes. He was also wearing a hockey mask. Sweat was dripping down my face, not from fear, but from the heat in the burlap sack and the heat from the spotlight.

"What do you want from me?" I was able to croak out. He didn't say anything. Instead, he started laughing. It was quiet at first but then started laughing like a complete psychopath. He walked away and out the door where he came from. "Dammit..." I mumbled to myself. At least he left my mask on (picture above). I sat there waiting for him to come back.

About 40 minutes had passed. Some of my energy had come back. He didn't come back so I looked around the room to see if there was anything I could use to set myself free. There wasn't so I got up. It was really uncomfortable since I couldn't stand up straight. I was able to slide my foot off the leg of the chair. 'Idiots. Ropes weren't tight enough,' I thought. I slid my other foot free. I walked towards the concrete wall and started to smash the wooden chair against it trying to get it to break. I hit my shoulder a few times against the wall. The chair eventually broke and I was free. Almost. I had to get out of this room. It was small and nothing was in it.

I walked towards the door and opened it. It was unlocked. 'This is way too easy,' I thought suspiciously. I walked out into the long dark hallway. I tried to stay as quiet as possible. Only silence surrounded me. I found a staircase and made my way up as quickly as possible. I found the exit and I ran for it. I was finally outside and the night air brushed against my skin. I closed my eyes for a second soaking it in.

"Finally. Took you long enough," I heard someone say. I looked towards the direction where the voice came from. It was the same guy with the hockey mask leaning on his car holding a stopwatch. "An hour and 13 minutes, to be exact." I immediately started running the opposite direction of him. I ran like my life depended on it. "Hey! Come back!" I heard him groan as he got in his car.

After running a while, I felt a sharp pain in my neck. I touched where the pain was coming from and felt something sticking out of my neck. I pulled it out and looked at it. It was a tranquilizer dart. It came from my right side which meant there were more people chasing me.

I started feeling dizzy and started slowing down. I fell onto my knees and tried to crawl away. I fell on my stomach. I turned my body around so I was on my back and saw another man this time with an owl mask and an all-black combat suit. I tried to keep my eyes open but I gave in. I couldn't keep myself up.

• • •

𝚊/𝚗

𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠 𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚖 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚝 :)...
_𝙻𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎𝚎𝙾𝚗𝚎𝚎

*