𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝.

I had nowhere to go. Delirious was questioning Ohm and, in the state he's in, anything can happen. My best chance is just to walk out there and once I get out the door just book it.

Last time they were chasing me, I ended being hit by a stung grenade and tested and put to sleep.

"She's new," Ohm said. "She still hasn't given me a name."

"Lay off of him, Delirious," Basically said. "We'll take whatever you have on her and we'll go."

Ohm walked to the back where I was. He started going through his file cabinets and pulled out a yellow file filled with my information. Ohm was about to walk to them but I grabbed his arm.

"Don't worry. This is all old stuff. They won't be able to find you." I let go and let him continue. "Okay, boys. You did not get this from me and make sure no one else gets there hands on it because if she is alive, she will kill me."

"We're not done yet," Delirious said.

"Yes, we are," Basically said.

"No, we're not. Who is that in the back?!" Delirious slammed the counter making me jump even though I wasn't even there. Before Ohm or Basically could say anything, I walked out passed them and out the door.

I did as planned and booked it. I soon heard the door slam open behind me. I knew Delirious was chasing me and it was broad daylight. It wasn't going to be easy to lose him.

There was a port nearby so I headed there. I was about to pass the entrance but a colorful car that I knew belonged to Basically cut me off. I couldn't stop so I jumped and slid over the hood and continued. I jumped on top of the nearest crate and kept climbing up.

I looked back to see Delirious was a good distance behind. I jumped from crate to crate until I had nowhere to run. I looked back once more and he slowed to stop a few feet away from me.

"Who are you?" He asked.

I didn't say anything. I looked at the water and back into Delirious's blue eyes. They could be seen clearly through the mask. I noticed he had some kind of make-up around his eyes.

"Don't even think about it... I just want to talk."

There was no other way I could go. I smirked under my scarf. Sorry, Delirious. I shook my head and took a deep breath and jumped in. I was met with freezing cold water. I swam away without reaching the surface so he couldn't spot me.

When I knew I was far enough away from him, I reached the surface to take in a huge breath of air. I got oxygen back into my lungs and swam back to the surface.

I broke a window of a car and hijacked it. I drove it up until a few blocks away from the motel. I got out and looked at my surroundings to make sure I wasn't being followed.

I got back to the motel and took a shower. I changed into some fresh, dry clothes. I lied on my bed and Delirious' eyes were burned into my brain. He looked like he'd been going through a lot. Like he lost something important in his life.

I shook the thought out of my head and decided to contact Ohm. That's when I realized, I jumped in the water. My phone was soaked! I quickly grabbed my phone from my jeans and the phone was dripping and wouldn't turn on.

"Fuck..." I said quietly. I threw it to the side since it was useless now. I grabbed the paper with my target's info as well and the ink was smeared.

I started thinking back to what the clerk said. I started putting pieces together until I came to a horrific realization. In the picture, the man had bright blue eyes that could clearly be seen in the picture. The clerk had said that the target had smeared make-up.

"Don't tell me..." I groaned and shoved my head in my hands. Even if I wanted to kill him, I couldn't. He was too strong. Not only that, but he has saved me a couple of times whether I liked it or not.

I couldn't do it. Now, I knew why he's worth a lot. I would deal with it tomorrow. I already spent too much energy for today.

A question was lingering in my mind. Who was after him?

• • •

a/n

two chapters in a day!! whoooo!!

*