𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢.

"Supposed to be dead?! What are you talking about?" Wildcat was shouting as we went back down to the rest of the guys at the warehouse.

I couldn't believe what was happening. He's supposed to be dead... he's supposed to be dead.... he's supposed to be dead.

"Did you get him?" Lui asked.

"No, she purposely missed..." Wildcat informed them.

"What?!" Delirious shouted. He grabbed my collar and slammed me to the wall.

His face was very close to mine. His eyes looked angry but scared at the same time.

"You don't understand..." I struggled to say since his arm was pushing hard against my chest.

"Explain then," Delirious said in a dangerous tone.

"Delirious, get off her," Vanoss ordered.

"Why? So she can betray us again?"

"How is she supposed to talk if you put all your weight on her?" Mini asked.

"I never said she betrayed us," Wildcat said.

There wasn't much for me to do. His body was too close for me to actually do anything to get him off me. I was just trying to loosen his arm off my chest to get as much air as I could.

Wildcat and Moo Snuckel were able to pull him off of me. I stood there catching my breath again. I felt a little lightheaded but I was fine.

"The sniper..." I said pointing towards the direction he was in, "is my brother..."

"You have a brother?" Nogla asked.

"Yeah, but he died a long time ago... or I thought he did..."

"That's why you missed," Wildcat mumbled. I nodded.

"What are you on about?" Terroriser asked still confused.

"My parents... they weren't very good parents," I said. "My dad was abusive and my mom never did anything. She didn't care about us. I'm the one who took care of him. I protected him. One day, my dad..." the memory played back in my head," he sent some dogs... I couldn't help him... I couldn't protect him..." my voice cracked.

I sunk down to the floor against the wall. I curled myself into a ball. Tears were threatening to come out.

"The cabin," Delirious said, "Is that where it happened?" I only nodded. "Great, now I feel like shit," he said putting his hands on top of his head.

"So, what are we going to do?" Basically asked.

"Any ideas, Red?" Moo asked.

"I'm gonna talk to him," I said as I got up and walked towards the door.

"He's just gonna shoot you!" Terroriser exclaimed.

I didn't care at this point.

I opened the door. I took a step outside and walked forward. I slowly put my hands up, surrendering. With my right hand, I pulled my mask off exposing my face. I dropped the mask on the ground and continued to walk. I soaked in the warm air on my face.

He hadn't shot me. Instead, I see the figure in the distance stand up. His gun was just hanging in his hand.

I stopped walking for a minute. I, then, see the figure running away. I stopped for a second and my feet started moving on their own. I was running after him.

"Red! What are you doing?!" Wildcat shouted after me.

My body was moving on its own. My mind was all over the place. I just wanted to know how. How did he survive?

I couldn't stop running. It didn't feel real at this point. My body had gone numb and all I was thinking about was getting to him.

I was catching up but he still seemed so far as if I was never going to reach him.

'Don't stop running!' my voice as a kid yelled at me. That's what I yelled at him the last time I saw him.

"Danny!" I shouted. He turned back for a second but continued running.

After running a good amount of distance, he was only a few meters away. I remembered I had a knife in my waistband so I took it out and threw it just ahead of his feet making him trip.

I slowed down as I got close to him. He tried to get up and run away but I already took hold of him.

"Danny, stop running," I said.

"The last time we saw each other you told me not to stop running," he replied coldly. 

I was stunned. "I know... How are you alive? I thought..."

"Someone saved me," he said with a smug look. "I never would have thought you would've joined a gang."

"I've changed."

"So I can see..."

The rest of the gang had caught up. One glance at him and they all took out whatever weapons they had. My body moved on its own again and jumped in front of my brother.

I didn't know what was going on but I was not about to let them hurt my brother. I was going to protect him no matter the cost just like I used to.

• • •

a/n

sorry for the wait, you guys! it's been like a week since my last update lol. i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote and leave a comment if you want! 

*