𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘.

I was already back at base where I was greeted by the gang, Ohm and the other ladies. It had been a rough couple of days and I knew I would need a break after everything that happened. I was glad my brother was fine. And Jonathan was right. He was doing way better than me.

I felt pretty exhausted and in all honesty, all I wanted to do was sleep but I decided to stay to get to know the ladies a bit more. I did tell Lauren that the next time I was going to hang out with them. 

I was about ready to collapse out of sleepiness. Jonathan came over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. He leaned into my ear and I felt my face start heating up. I wish I had my mask right now.

"You should sleep," he whispered with concern in his voice. "You look like the living dead," Jonathan burst out laughing.

"Ha ha ha. That's very funny," I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. "I totally didn't get shot or anything..." I crossed my arms and turned around so he couldn't see my annoyed face.

"I'm just kidding," Jonathan said and grabbed my hips to turn me back around. "Even if you look all messed up, I think you still look cute." Jonathan had only said it loud enough for me to hear. Even so, I could feel everyone's eyes on us and I was pretty sure I was looking like a tomato had blown up in my face.

"I hate you..." I mumbled to him.

"No you don't," he chuckled.

"I very much do," I glared at him. "I'm going to bed then since I look like a walking zombie." I started making my way to my room. I did just want to sleep. I hadn't slept much while I was in the hospital, I was always on edge thinking the cops were going to come in or I was going to be taken hostage again. Actually, the cops did come into my room to ask me questions. I still don't know how I was able to get them to lay off 'the case' for now.

"Goodnight, everyone," I said with a small wave. Everyone bid me goodnight and I took my time to walk down the steps.

I got to my room and sat at the edge of my bed to rest. I could still hear everyone talking upstairs and roasting each other. It's hard to believe that they're a gang sometimes. They act like ordinary people around each other.

I took my shoes off and changed into a t-shirt and sweats. I looked at the time and it was still pretty early. I didn't care.  I turned the lights off and went to sleep.

• • •

In the middle of the night, I heard someone coming into my room waking me up. I sat up in bed and I couldn't see who was at my door since it was too dark and my eyes hadn't adjusted. I could hear their tumbling footsteps coming towards me. They tumbled onto my bed and wrapped their arms around me in an embrace. I was able to recognize him as Jonathan. He smelled heavily of beer.

"Jonathan," I called. He started giggling a little.

"I like it when you say my name," he slurred quietly. "Say it again." I was confused and felt a bit embarrassed.

"Jonathan?" I said uneasily. "Are you drunk?"

"Noooooooo." He sat up straight and looked at me. That's all he did. He just looked at me. "You're really pretty," he chuckled.

I felt my face flare up. "Delirious, you're drunk. Go to bed."

"I am in bed. And my name is Jonathan. Besides, I like being here with you."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"I like yoooooou, (Y/n)," Jonathan slurred. I didn't know what to say or what to do. He was so drunk he couldn't control what he was saying. "(Y/n), I like you," he repeated. It really warmed my heart to hear him say that but I only wished he wasn't drunk at the moment. Jonathan made himself comfortable in my bed. "Can I sleep here with you tonight?"

I sighed. He looked like a little innocent child who just wanted to sleep with his teddy bear. I couldn't find myself to say no so I let him. 

"Fine..." 

I lied back down next to him. He wrapped his arms around me. I snuggled my face his chest. I felt warm and safe. I was still wishing he wasn't drunk, though. I felt his strong chest rising up and down and could hear the steady beat of his heart before drifting off again.

• • •

𝚐𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚘'𝚜 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔?! :)
 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚋𝚎 𝚜𝚕𝚘𝚠 𝚜𝚘 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚎! <𝟹