𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎.

I was pacing around the room the next day. I was waiting for it to be nightfall already but the day was going by too slow. I still felt slightly overwhelmed by yesterday's chase.

I started preparing. For what? I don't know. Anything could happen. I headed out a bit early than I wanted to but I couldn't wait any longer. The sun was starting to set anyway.

I walked slowly so I could kill more time. By the time I got there, the sun had set. I walked into Ohm's office.

"You're back again," Ohm said.

"Yeah, I figured out who this man is and I can't do the job. Neither can anyone else," I said.

"What do you mean?"

"Whoever was paying for this had a reason. No one can get near this guy. It's one of the most dangerous jobs and it's not worth it."

"You know him, don't you?"

"What?!" I was surprised. I mean, I shouldn't be surprised. He does know everything.

"Fine, but tell me who he is," Ohm said.

"He's part of the Vanoss crew," I stated. Ohm's eyes widened. "He was the one who was chasing after me yesterday."

"Delirious, right?" Ohm asked to make sure. I nodded. "How does he know you?"

"It doesn't matter. But I can't kill him. If he dies, so will a bunch of other people that get in the way."

"Alright, I'll take your word for it," Ohm said. "I'll let 'em know."

I sighed from relief. If it were the old me, I would have left it at that but I needed to know who was after him. This wasn't something I would normally do but I felt like I had to.

"One more thing. I know you probably can't answer this but it's really important. Who's after him?" I asked.

Ohm sighed, "You're right I can't answer that. I'll just tell you that it's a group and you don't want to fuck with them,"

"What do you mean?"

"Just don't go after them, (Y/n). Okay?" Ohm said. Whoever this 'group' was, they were dangerous. If it made Ohm say my name then that means I shouldn't go looking for them. But I had to.

"Okay," I said. I started making my way back to the door.

"You're going after them, aren't you?" Ohm asked.

"Of course," I replied.

"Fine, I'll do some research and I'll let you know what I find. I'll call you so keep your phone on you," Ohm said.

"Actually, I jumped in the water, yesterday, and my phone got soaked," I said.

"Oh my god," he groaned, shaking his head. "How did you even..? Nevermind. Here," he tossed me a new phone. "Give me the broken one."

I did as told and left.

• • •

I waited for his call for about a week. When he did call, he told me he had a lead on the group that was after Delirious and the rest of the gang.

The only reason why I was doing this was that if they found out I was affiliated with the Vanoss crew then I would become a target also. Or at least that's what I was telling myself.

"I don't know if you'll like this but it's at a strip club," Ohm informed me.

"Of all places... It'll be harder for me to blend in that kind of crowd," I said.

"At midnight, got it? Don't do anything stupid."

"Yeah, yeah," I sighed. "Will I need anything?"

"No, just go there," Ohm said and quickly hung up.

Wow, okay. He said I didn't need anything but I was still going to take my knives with me. I put on a black sweater and tucked my hair inside my hood. I put my mask on and checked the time. I had two hours before getting there but I should at least scout the area before going in.

When I got there, I climbed on top of a building looking down at the strip club. I could hear the loud music and the see bright lights seep through the door.

I looked around but nothing seemed suspicious. I headed in 30 minutes earlier just in case. I took a seat at the bar and waited.

Someone sat next to me and when I saw who it was I tried to make a run for it but he grabbed my arm.

"Just hear me out."

I would have yanked my arm out but my arms were still healing. I would just have to bear this one out...

• • •

a/n

i would've updated yesterday but i didn't like how the chapter came out so I rewrote it. sorry about that!

*