The Talk

Chapter Five - The Talk

It was 8 a.m. when my alarm went off and I lazily sat up on the bed. Looking around the room, I realized I wasn't at my home anymore and my college was far from here.

No wonder I was going to miss my first class today.

Walking over to the closet, I pulled out a maroon checkered body hugging long tshirt and black stockings.

Once I was done brushing my teeth, showering and dressing up, I stepped into my black boots and glanced at myself in the mirror. Putting on some mascara, I brushed my wavy locks and let them loose over my shoulders.

Smiling at my reflection, I left the room and went downstairs.

I slipped my sling bag across my shoulder and entered the kitchen area but stopped in my tracks when I saw him sitting at the dining table, sipping his coffee.

His gaze lifted up, causing a weird sensation to run down my chest when his ocean blue eyes ran over my body and finally met my gaze. I offered him a smile but he was already setting his gaze back to the newspaper infront of him.

I rolled my eyes and walked inside the kitchen, where Martha was preparing pancakes and bacon. Taking in a long breath, I inhaled the delicious smell.

"Morning Scarlet," She turned to me.

"Good morning Martha," I greeted back with a smile and rubbed my hands together.

She placed the pancake in a plate and walked to take it to the table. "There you go,"

"I got it," I said and took the plate from her hands.

"Enjoy," She murmured.

I let out a laugh. "I will," I said and carried the plate outside. He was still there, his back to me and man! He did have a well built back. This was probably the first time I was noticing his shoulders. And the clean white shirt added more to that.

Gulping down, I turned around and Martha gave me a confused look.

"Thought I should give you some company," I smiled but she glanced between me and Alec for a second and then went back to her work.

I wonder if Alec told her the truth or just simply said I was his fiancèe. If it was the latter one, she obviously did not believe him as I've never set a foot in his apartment before.

I picked up my fork and took a bite of the pancake. "Mhh," I mumbled while eating. "It's yummy,"

Martha clapped her hands and placed a strip of bacon in my plate. I ate heartily and once I was done with my breakfast, I got up to leave.

"Thank you Martha," I muttered while checking my bag for keys.

"Needless," She gave me a warm smile and I left the kitchen just in time to see Alec pulling his suit on. If I found him hot in a white shirt, I honestly had no words to describe how perfect his toned body looked in that business suit of his.

As if hearing me, he turned around and I blinked, looking away.

"Where are you going?" He asked, confused.

"College," I replied.

He crossed his arms over his chest. "College? You still go to one?"

I raised a brow at him. "Yeah?"

"How old are you? I didn't realize I was marrying a kid," He spoke nonchalantly while typing something on his iphone and looking up at me.

"Wow. For someone as old as you, you sure are smart enough to keep information about your fiancèe," I gave him a forced smile.