Unknown Number

Chapter Thirty Two - Unknown Number

"Are you almost done?"

"Yes. Just a second," I muttered while slipping into my heels.

"You've been saying the same thing since the past forty five minutes, Scarlet. Do you want me to cancel-"

I swung the door open.

Alec's words seemed to be hanging in air as he stopped abruptly, his eyes taking me in with a slow sensual pace. His mouth opened slightly.

A smirk formed on my lips. Lily was right. The sleek red gown did look nice on me. Not to mention the slit that was doing an amazing job at the moment. Alec took a little longer to gaze at my legs.

"Let's go," I said.

He was still standing in the doorway and I attempted to walk past him but he didn't budge.

Instead, he took a step ahead, his eyes scanning me up and down once again.

He closed the gap between us and lifted his warm hands up to my shoulders, taking full advantage of the halter neck design as his fingers started rubbing circles on my back.

Butterflies exploded in my stomach and I leaned into him for support, gripping his tuxedo collar firmly.

"I thought we were getting late," I muttered.

He didn't seem to pay attention to my words as his mouth fell over the base of my neck.

"You look beautiful," He whispered against my skin, his lips leaving tingles wherever he kissed.

I wrapped my arm around his neck and leaned up to his ear. "Alec, do you wanna skip the party?"

He had the most intense look in his eyes when I pulled back. His jaw clenched as he nodded hungrily, his fingers reaching to undo my dress but I quickly stepped out of his reach.

"I was just kidding," I chuckled.

He seemed to have snapped out of his daze but recovered quickly and frowned at me, wiping a sweat bead from his forehead.

"Why? Did I get you all hot and bothered, Mr. Sinclair?" I smirked.

His scowl only deepened but soon, it was replaced by a challenging smirk.

"You're going to regret playing games with me, Mrs. Sinclair."

I scoffed. "Is that supposed to scare me?"

He smirked. "Just wait until I have my way with you tonight, love."

It wasn't a challenge, but a promise.

My breath hitched but I walked past him with a confident smile.

"We'll see about that, Mr. Sinclair," I called over my shoulder and swayed my hips while walking out of the room.

"Damn," He muttered.

He was following behind me closely as I went downstairs and waited for the elevators. The doors opened and we quickly slipped inside.

The tension in the air was thick as I could feel him cutting glances at me.

I released a breath when the elevators opened again and we stepped outside. Jeremy and the other two guards were waiting for us in two different cars.

Jeremy was going to chauffeur us while Bruce and Oliver were going to follow us in the other car.

Me and Alec slipped into the backseat and Jeremy started driving.