Epilogue

Epilogue

I groaned in my sleep and started gaining consciousness because of the rising pain in my legs.

"Ow," Clutching the side of my pillow, I turned to the night stand watch. 6 a.m.

God! If only I knew third trimester was going to be so hard.

Well, atleast that morning sickness phase is gone.

"Oh cramp!"

I heard a hoarse sleepy voice beside me.

I opened my eyes to glare at him. "Did you just..."

But trailed off when I suddenly felt a pair of hands, gently massaging my legs all the way down to my ankles.

I sighed in relief at the comfort. "Alec, I'm sorry I woke you up again."

"Good morning to you too, Scarlet," He spoke with a smile and rubbed his eyes to open them fully.

"There's nothing good about mornings these days," I sighed.

He leaned down and trailed kisses along my jawline, causing me to chuckle.

"And," He placed a kissed on my belly. "Good morning to you too."

I felt the baby kick.

Alec's eyes grew wide and he laughed.

"He or she just greeted me back," He smiled proudly.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "We would have finalized the baby name if it weren't for your choice to find out if it's a he or a she after birth."

He shrugged. "I like to be surprised."

"Yeah about that," I pulled out a folded piece of paper. "I've decided the name."

He smiled. "So have I."

We had decided that I would choose a boy name while he would choose a girl name.

"Okay. Tell me," I spoke in excitement.

"You go first."

"Um okay," I extended the piece of paper in his direction and waited for him to open it.

I watched as he carefully unfolded the paper, my heart beating rapidly because I had anticipated his reaction already. He might be mad or happy.

He took a while to read the name and when he did, all the colour drained from his face and then, he looked up at me.

"Nick?"

I nodded. "It's short for Nicholas."

Alec looked down at the paper again, then shook his head slightly.

"I can't...," He sighed. "Scarlet, I can't keep hearing the name I've avoided all my life-"

"That's the point," I smiled. "You don't have to run from your past anymore."

"What?"

"If we do have a boy and we name him Nick, everytime you look at him, you'll be reminded that you're not that lonely person anymore. That you might have lost a lot but you have enough now. Your family, Alec."

A soft look reached his eyes.

"Okay," He nodded and then, his lips lifted up into half a smile. "Thank you."

I shrugged with a smile. "Let's look at your name."

He nodded and fished a paper out from the night stand drawer.

I unfolded it and read the name.

Emilia.

My eyes teared up and I looked at him.