Jealous

Warning : This chapter contains mature content.

You may choose to skip the part after #.

It won't make any difference to the story.

Chapter Nineteen - Jealous

I watched as he got up from his seat and walked over to the stage, holding my gaze as he neared.

Did he really just spend a million dollars?

On me?

My heart thumped loudly when he held his hand up and I carefully placed mine in his while climbing down the steps.

"You're on crack," I muttered.

He tightened his grip around my hand and started dragging me towards the dance floor where the guys were already dancing with their model dates and the rest of the people were dancing with their partners.

"Why are we going towards the dance floor?" I whispered, making sure that only he could hear me.

"You owe me a dance. Isn't that why I bought you?" He spat in a venomous tone and I flinched at his words.

I frowned at him when I faced him again and opened my mouth to speak but he roughly pulled me to his body, causing a gasp to escape my lips.

"Alec, why are you so mad at me?" I breathed out.

His eyes narrowed for a moment and I spoke again.

"And a million dollars? Seriously? What were you thinking?" I hissed in a low voice.

His jaw clenched. "What were you thinking, Scarlet?"

I stared at him in confusion.

"What would have happened if I wasn't present in the hall at that moment? One of those horny jerks would have made the final bid," He gritted his teeth in annoyance.

"Chill out, Alec. It was just a game. Even if someone did buy me, as you put it, I would owe them one single dance. Not my life."

"I don't care. That was inappropriate and I wouldn't have liked it if someone else put their money on you like that," He spoke in all seriousness and I was left speechless for a moment.

"Why not?" I whispered.

"Because you're my wife," He snapped almost suddenly and my eyes grew big for a moment. He seemed to be having the same expression but he recovered quickly and cleared his throat.

"And not an auction object," He added after a while.

I stared at his face and he raised a brow at me. "Are we just going to stand here?"

I blinked and looked away from him. His arms wrapped around my waist and I bit my lip before raising my hands up to his shoulders.

We started moving with the slow song as I found my cheeks heating up. I kept my gaze fixed on the people around us.

"Look at me," He muttered.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I want you to," His deep voice sounded like music to my ears.

"But I don't want to."

"Why not?"

I shrugged.

He gave a gentle squeeze on my waist, causing my heart to flutter.

"This i-is not fair," I stuttered.

"What is?"

"What you just did."