The Party (Part 1)

Special mention to jerrymartynn and directionersuyasha for the amazing support and feedback!

And ofcourse! Love to all of you! ❤

Enjoy!

Chapter Seventeen - The Party (Part 1)

"Mrs. Sinclair," The voice greeted me the moment I stepped into the dimly lit hall on the highest hotel floor.

"You look phenomenal," He reached forward to shake my hand with a smile.

"Thank you, Mr. Roberts. You look amazing yourself and I'm glad to be invited to such a beautiful party," I spoke politely and eyed the decorations in the ballroom. A few couples were already on the dance floor, dancing elegantly to the rich music while some people were sitting on the round tables across the room.

"Oh and, here," He turned to the table behind him and fetched a silver black masquerade mask from the tray. "This will go perfectly with your clothes."

"Thank you," I muttered while taking the mask from him and slipping it on my face.

He nodded in approval and giving him a smile, I stepped away from the double doors and entered the large hall.

I searched around for Alec but the room was dark enough to hide the faces under the masquerade masks.

My eyes averted to the dance floor and I couldn't help but admire the couples. They all looked so in love with their eyes fixed on their partners as they slowly danced to the music.

A smile formed on my lips.

Just then, I felt a pair of eyes on me out of my peripheral vision and turned to my right.

My breath got caught in my throat when my eyes locked with a pair of blue ones.

He started walking in my direction in all his glory with the immaculate black tuxedo accentuating his muscular form. His posture was lean as I found my breath hitch when he stopped an inch away from me.

The mask was concealing his expression and I couldn't quite fathom what he was thinking.

His eyes raked across my body while I shifted uncomfortably and realized that I was doing the same thing to him a moment ago.

The events of past day came back to me and I remembered how moody he had been when I was just being nice to him.

A frown took over my lips. "You didn't have to do this."

He blinked for a moment like I had snapped him out of something and then he seemed bewildered. "What?"

"We didn't have to attend the party," I motioned my finger around the room and realization seemed to dawn on him as his mouth opened slightly like he wanted to say something, revealing his perfectly aligned white teeth.

"About yesterday..." He started.

I waited for him to speak further but he just stayed quiet as he seemed to be forming words in his mind.

"Scarlet," He sighed and a shiver ran down my spine with the way he said it.

"Yeah?" I licked my lips but remembered that I had lipstick on and cursed myself.

He opened his mouth to say something but shut it. Why is it so difficult for him to apologize?

When he didn't speak anything, I took in a deep breath and nodded. "I'll see you around."