Capture

Chapter Fifteen - Capture

"How was your meeting?" I asked with a smile when he finally stepped out of the meeting room after two hours.

How I managed to stay awake in that boring waiting room for two hours, I don't know.

"It was good," He shrugged indifferently and pressed the button to call the elevator. "Why do you ask me that?"

It was my turn to shrug. "Because I am your wife and I can."

We entered the elevators and out of the corner of my eyes, I could feel his gaze on me.

"Alec, if you wanna look at me, just do it." I smirked.

"I am," His deep voice reverberated around the small area.

Right. He is.

My head turned to him and blue eyes met mine. He had an unreadable expression on his face as he stared at me, his eyes holding an intensity that made me weak in the knees.

I gulped under his gaze. "What?" I managed to speak.

The elevators binged open and he walked out without saying anything. Taking in a breath, I started following him outside the building.

Kyle was already waiting outside with the car and he held the door open for us to get in the backseat.

He started driving when I tapped on his shoulder and passed him a small paper. I could see Alec rise in his seat out of my peripheral vision.

"Can you please take us to that address?" I asked.

Kyle studied the address on the paper and nodded. "Sure, Mrs. Sinclair."

"What was that?" Alec asked me and I turned to him with an innocent smile.

"An address."

His eyes narrowed for a moment. "Where are we going?"

"To a place."

At this, he raised a brow at me and then turned to Kyle. "Take us to the hotel."

Kyle nodded immediately and almost took a turn but I stopped him. "No. We're going to that place. Please keep driving."

"I said. Take us to the hotel," Alec spoke in a more authoritative tone.

I could see Kyle fidgeting nervously through the mirror, as he finally took a u-turn and started towards the hotel. My jaw dropped and I turned to Alec.

His lips held a victorious smirk and I resisted the urge to smack it off his face.

"But I don't want to go back to the hotel yet. I waited for two hours in a damned waiting room."

"You're complaining. I didn't ask you to come with me. That was completely your choice," He shrugged.

"I know but please, Alec. I really don't wanna go back to the hotel," I pouted at him and his eyes fell down to my lips momentarily before they quickly came back to my eyes.

He sighed and leaned back in his seat. "Fine."

My eyes grew wide. "What?"

Was he agreeing?

He opened his eyes again. "Kyle, take us wherever she wants to go. But-" He paused, turning to me and spoke in a low voice. "-if that place isn't worth it-"

"What exactly are you going to do?" I challenged.

He held my gaze for a moment before lips pulled up into a smirk and he leaned back in the comfortable seat. "Wouldn't you like to know?"