Under A Spell

Chapter Twenty Seven - Under A Spell

"So I come back from the bathroom and find two more glasses empty?"

Mark gritted his teeth in annoyance while Lily and I giggled in response.

"Come....on," She slurred while holding up a glass infront of him. "Drink it up."

"Screw you, Lily," He snapped.

"In your apartment," She spoke in a high pitched tone while gulping down the contents of the glass while Mark cursed under his breath.

I let out a laugh.

"I thought you were smart, Scarlet," He pointed a finger at me and I opened my mouth to say something but his hand was slapped away by Lily.

"Don't you say anything.....to Scar," She managed to speak.

He rolled his eyes. "Anyway. Let's go, ladies. I'm the douchebag who drives you two home."

"He called himself....a douchebag," I burst out laughing and turned to Lily who was laughing so hard that tears were pooling in her eyes.

"Mark is a douchebag," She sang.

The next thing I knew was me leaning against Mark's one shoulder and Lily on his other as he struggled to drag us out of the club.

Wish Alec was here.

He would just sweep me off my feet and I wouldn't have to walk at all.

Nah. He must be busy with that bitch.

What was her name? Nina?

Nancy?

Oh! Nicole.

The cool air in the parking lot sent shivers down my spine as Mark increased his pace towards the car but a tall figure seemed to be blocking our way.

"Mrs. Sinclair?" He reached for me and looked at Mark. "I'll take it from here."

"Whoa whoa hold up, man. Who are you?" Mark asked, tightening his hold around me.

"I'm her chauffeur," He spoke and I blinked my eyes to clear my vision to have a good look at him.

"Jeremy?" I muttered.

"See? She knows me. I'll take her home safely," He spoke.

"Is he speaking the truth, Scar?" Mark asked and I nodded.

I held Jeremy for support as he helped me get into the backseat.

"Jeremy, it's 10 o'clock. You didn't have.....to wait. I told you....that Mark would drive...me back."

"I had orders from Mr. Sinclair. Either way, I wouldn't leave you like that, Scarlet."

My hand went up to my chest as a gesture of graitude. "T-thank you."

He chuckled. "You're welcome."

Just then, a phone rang and I fished mine out of my bag but it wasn't ringing.

"Hello," Jeremy's voice filled the car.

"Yes. She's with me.....I didn't really see Mr. Williams after 7 p.m. And now, she was coming out with a guy called Mark and another wasted girl........yeah she is a bit wasted........the guy was sober.....we'll be there in about 20, Mr. Sinclair."

Then, there was silence.

After a minute, I called him. "Jeremy?"

"Yes?"