Party Poopers

Chapter Twenty Six - Party Poopers

"It was in my study."

My breathing stopped momentarily as I blinked at him, not knowing what to say.

I must have dropped my earring in his study in the morning. Shit.

"Oh w-was it?" I managed to speak.

His piercing glare made me want to hide under the blanket or probably hit my head against the headboard to pass out.

"I-I wonder how it got there," I let out a laugh but his eyes remained narrowed at me.

He took in a sharp breath. "I told you not to go in there."

"I didn't mean to but it was unlocked and-"

"You lied to me in the morning," He spoke.

I sighed. "I'm sorry, Alec. I thought you would get mad if you knew about it."

"You think?"

I let out a breath and shrugged. "I wasn't thinking straight."

"That's the problem. You don't think at all."

I narrowed my gaze for a moment and then stepped out of the bed, picked my clothes up from the floor and slipped into my tshirt.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"To my room," I muttered.

He raised a brow at me. "So you lied to me and now, you're the one mad at me?"

I licked my lips as I watched him with tired eyes. "I'm not the only one lying here."

He frowned. "What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean," I shrugged and watched as he got up from the bed and put on his boxers.

"No I don't," He spoke, taking a step in my direction.

Letting out a dry laugh, I rolled my eyes. "Hiding the truth isn't any better than lying, Alec."

"What truth?"

"You said you have no family."

At this, he let out a frustrated groan and rolled his eyes. "Come on, Scarlet. I can't go through the same shit again. I told you they're all dead-"

"What about your brother?" I cut him off.

I seemed to have caught him off guard as he stared at me with a mixture of surprise and incredulity, which soon turned into anger.

"What are you talking about?" He snapped, trying to conceal his faltering demeanour but I could see past his act.

"I know about your brother, Alec," I spoke bluntly, pleased to have the upper hand for the first time.

"Scarlet," He spoke in a dangerously low voice, gritting his teeth in pure rage. "What did you see in my study?"

"That picture."

Once again, he seemed confused and before he could open his mouth to speak, I spoke.

"I saw your childhood picture with Walter. I know he's your brother. Your real brother," I snapped and unlocked my phone to show him the picture.

He looked down at it.

"Still wanna say you got no family?" I snapped and he glared up at me.

"You shouldn't have gone inside my study."

I let out another laugh. "Cut the crap, Alec. Tell me, it's true, isn't it?"

His jaw clenched as his piercing gaze locked with mine. I raised an impatient brow when he did not say anything and almost snapped again but stopped when he took in a deep breath and finally nodded.