Fails

Chapter Thirteen - Fails

I pulled him roughly with his collar and he didn't resist. I captured his lips with my own and shut my eyes waiting for him to respond.

His lips didn't move against mine and I felt disappointment seeping through my veins, a weird pain erupting in my chest.

I started pulling back slowly but his arms wrapped around my waist, holding me up to his height and his lips pulled mine in for a passionate kiss.

My heart went into overdrive as his tongue teased my lips and slipped into my mouth. The kiss was demanding as I found my legs giving way and if it weren't for his arms holding me, I would be falling to the ground.

He leaned over me and I arched my back, grabbing his collar for support. His teeth teased my bottom lip, biting and sucking on to it. I tangled my fingers in his luscious brown hair and tugged at them, letting out a moan as his mouth started going down to my neck, planting kisses along my jawline.

His lips lingered at the base of my neck and I tightened my hold around his shoulders, loving the way they felt under my hands.

He slowly sucked on my weak spot and I let out another moan before I could stop it. Butterflies exploded in my stomach as I took in deep breaths to steady my breathing.

He suddenly stopped like someone snapped him out of his daze and his intense eyes met mine, his breathing heavy just like mine. I looked down at his lips and brushed my fingers across them, his gaze following my every movement.

My eyelids became heavy and my vision blurred. Not wanting to keep my eyes open anymore, I leaned my head against his chest and shut them.

"Just a minute," I whispered against him, glad that he didn't let go of me.

I tried to open my eyes and pull myself away from him but my legs turned to jelly and I couldn't hold myself anymore.

Suddenly, I was swept off my feet and I opened my tired eyes to look up at his chiselled jaw, as he carried me in his arms.

I breathed in his intoxicating scent and passed out.

****

My hands went up to my head and I groaned, burying my face further into the pillow, trying to block the sunlight from reaching my eyes.

I tried to go back to my deep slumber but I was wide awake. Sighing, I rubbed my eyes open and sat up on the bed.

I squinted my eyes in the light to see where I was. Just then, the door opened and someone stepped inside.

Blinking a few more times, I finally saw Alec walking up to me and...he looked mad.

What the hell is going on?

I moved my legs under the blanket, feeling my bare skin and instantly froze. Was I naked?

I looked down at my body and sighed in relief. I was in an oversized shirt. Lifting my arm up to look at it, the delicious scent hit my nose and I sniffed the shirt subtly. This was Alec's.

He reached forward and placed a coffee mug on the nightstand. I looked around and finally realized I was in my room in the cottage.

My gaze flickered to the nightstand watch. 10 a.m.

I looked back at Alec in confusion, who seemed to be glaring at me in the most profuse way possible and I noticed his attire. He was dressed in casual tshirt and track pants. Why wasn't he at work?

I opened my mouth to ask him what was going on but the throbbing in my head came back and I grabbed the coffee from the nightstand, lifting it up to my lips and sighing in relief at the aroma.