Announcement

Chapter Six - Announcement

"We need to talk Scarlet Price,"

The deep voice emphasized on my name and I jumped in my spot, turning sideways.

Alec was standing there with a deep scowl plastered on his face, his arms crossed over his chest. I noticed that his suit was gone and his sleeves were rolled up to his elbow, his tie lazily loosened around his collar.

Ben's grip loosened on my shoulders and he glanced between us in confusion. I took a step away from him.

"Who are you?" Ben turned to Alec.

"Who the fuck are you?" Alec snapped.

Ben's face deepened with a frown as he took a step towards Alec, which only caused Alec to take a long, menacing stride in his direction. Ben shifted back a bit and honestly, I didn't blame him. Alec looked really intimidating in his tall frame and if he was advancing in my direction with that scowl, I'd do the same.

My reflexes made my legs move and soon I found myself standing between them, facing Alec. His sharp gaze shifted to me and I gulped.

Not knowing what to say, I turned to Ben instead. "Leave,"

He stepped on his side to leave immediately but stopped reluctantly. "Who is he Scarlet?" He asked in a low voice.

"A friend. Now leave," I gritted my teeth at him and thankfully, he got the message and without another word or glance at Alec, he left.

I sighed in relief and turned around. Alec was glaring at Ben's retreating figure and once he was out of his sight, his gaze met mine.

His eyes pierced through mine and just when he opened his mouth to speak, I spoke. "Let's go,"

Without waiting for a reply, I started walking towards the store and sighed in relief when I heard his heavy footsteps slowly following behind.

I pushed the door open and breathed in the strawberry freshner around the place. An old lady with grey hair and black eyes stepped up to greet us and I smiled at her kindly. She shook my hand.

"Scarlet Price," I spoke.

"Nice to meet you Ms. Price. I'm Janet Rivers. The owner of this boutique,"

"Mr. Sinclair," She turned to him and shook his hand.

"Ms. Rivers," He gave her a little nod and she turned to me, a gleam reaching her eyes.

"So you're the pretty bride. Come on. Let's get you a perfect wedding dress,"

I gave her a tight smile and turned to Alec, pleading him one last time with my eyes to stop this but he seemed to not care at all as he shifted his gaze to his phone and turned around.

The lady seemed to be waiting for me near a partition that led to another section and I walked over to her. Upon entering, my jaw dropped open at the beautiful wedding gowns hanging off the decorative shelves.

I was standing in the middle of the room when Ms. Rivers started searching through various aisles. She pulled out a few dresses and handed them to me while I was still in awe at the beauty of them.

Guiding me to a changing room, she shut the door infront of me and I turned around to stare into the mirror and looked down at the dresses in my hands.

I took my clothes off and tried on the first dress. It wasn't a perfect fit and neither did it look that good on me but I still went out to show it to Ms. Rivers.

She looked up when I stepped out and gave me a little smile. "It looks good but you should try the other ones,"

"Okay," I nodded and went inside again and later showed her three more dresses, which did fit perfectly but I couldn't see myself getting married in them.