Locked

Chapter Twenty Eight - Locked

I stifled a yawn as I walked up to my room in exhaustion. The classes today seemed longer than usual and all I wanted was to sink myself in my mattress.

Not to mention that creepy note.

I still wonder who could do that and what it could mean.

Or it was a prank?

That option made sense the most seeing that I was in the college parking lot and anyone could have done that prank.

But hitting my head with a stone was damn cruel. Once I find that bastard, I'm going to throw a stone at his or her head.

Sighing, I twisted the door knob but frowned when the door did not open. Was my room locked?

I tried again and was sure this time. It was locked.

Why was it locked? Was Alec kicking me out? My eyes grew wide as that thought crossed my mind.

Shaking my head, I decided to ask Alec what the hell was going on here instead of assuming things on my own.

Turning around, I quickly went downstairs and knocked on his study door. I knew he was inside from the light coming out from under the door.

I heard his short reply and swung the door open.

"Why is my room locked?" I asked immediately.

He looked up from his laptop and his gaze narrowed for a moment, not in anger but almost like he was scrutinizing my face.

"Is that a bruise on your forehead?"

My fingers went up to my forehead involuntarily and I flinched at the slight pain. "Yeah."

"What happened?" He frowned.

"I-I hit my head somewhere."

"Are you oka-"

"I'm fine and I came here for something else, Alec," I cut him off impatiently, not really wanting myself to believe that he cared about me. He went shopping with Nicole.

Maybe I was just being paranoid about them but I didn't care. He went on a buddy outing with her and I didn't like it one bit, especially when he said that he had no friends and suddenly his girl bestie pops out of nowhere.

"What?" He asked in a composed manner as his gaze fell on the laptop screen for mere seconds before he looked up again.

"Why is my room locked?"

"Is it?" He raised a brow.

I stared at him in confusion. "You didn't lock it?"

"No," He seemed to be thinking. "Maybe Martha did."

"But why would she?"

"She locks the other rooms in the apartment after cleaning them and must have locked yours by mistake."

"Oh. Then give me the key."

"I don't have it," He shrugged.

I raised a brow at him. "What do you mean?"

"Martha takes them with her," He spoke.

I let out a laugh in disbelief. "So you're telling me that Martha takes home some keys that belong to your apartment rooms? I'm not a fool, Alec."

He got up from his chair and slowly rounded the table, leaning against it as his narrowed gaze remained locked with mine.

"Are you calling me a liar, Scarlet?"