Wine Cellar

Chapter dedicated to leonastar7710 for the amazing cover! Thanks a lot! 😘

Do let me know what you all think about it! Enjoy x

Chapter Thirty Eight - Wine Cellar

I stifled a yawn and leaned my head against the cushion, staring at the side rotated images on television.

After college, I had spent the rest of the day studying for my finals. Finally, after having dinner, I was now waiting for Alec to come back.

It was 10 p.m. already.

I was exhausted and must have taken a short nap before the sound of footsteps around me woke me up.

I was lifted up and then put back down, only this time, I felt a pair of arms around me. His deep masculine scent filled my nostrils. I peeked my eyes open to find Alec sitting at the couch holding me up on his lap.

"Hi there," He flashed me a smile.

"Hey," I smiled back. "What took you so long?"

"I haven't attended to a lot of clients because of working from home the past week. So, a lot of meetings," He rolled his eyes.

"Oh," I nodded and lifted my hand to rub circles on his stubbled jaw.

"Please tell me you had dinner already," He placed a quick kiss on my hand.

"Yeah. I was hungry. But I can sit with you while you're eating to keep you company."

"No. You seem tired. Go to sleep."

"Okay," I closed my eyes and placed my head on his chest.

He chuckled.

"Wait. I need your help with something," He muttered.

"Mm?" I mumbled sleepily.

"Look at these," He spoke.

I opened my eyes to find him holding up his ipad infront of me.

"Help me choose a location for shooting an advertisement."

"Advertisement? Since when did you get into advertising?" I asked in confusion.

"It's a tie up. Will you help me?"

"Sure. What is the ad about?"

"It's about a family adapting to the product. I want you to select a house for our location," He clicked on a folder and showed me pictures of houses.

"These are mansions," I muttered under my breath.

"Do you like them?"

"Of course. They're so beautiful," I muttered while swiping ahead.

"Now I want you to choose one. The best one."

"They're all really pretty. It's hard to choose."

"If you were asked to live in one of them, which one would it be?"

I stopped at a beautiful white mansion with a huge fountain in the front garden right infront of the main entrance of the house.

Alec must have realized I liked it as he clicked on it, opening another folder of pictures of different parts of that house.

There was a beautiful garden for a backyard, a huge swimming pool and I was in awe of the interior of the house. The rooms were spacious and everything looked so elegant.