Chapter 6 - Simple

"This house feels so empty now.." Zooey sighed.

Marley smiled and linked her arm with Zooey  as they sat on the couch. They're watching a movie together with a bowl of popcorn on Zooey's lap.

"You missed your cousin?"

Zooey nodded.

"Of course. We lived together for a few years."

"Then maybe you can move together with them into their pink house." Zooey stared at Marley, her face pale.

"I get dizzy just by looking at the color.."

Marley chuckled.

"And I can definitely imagine them doing it all over the place.." Zooey continued, her face almost white.

"EWWW!" shouted Marley and Zooey in unison.

They both laughed. Marley snuggled closer to Zooey's body.

"Hey, what do you say if.." Zooey paused.

"If?" Marley asked, curious.

She can see that Zooey is slightly blushing.

"If you stay here tonight?"  Marley stared at Zooey, unsure of what to answer.

They are taking baby steps in their relationship, and 'that' is still too far ahead in Marley's opinion.

"We can er..watch movies and doing stuff.." Zooey added, awkward.

She can sense rejection. "Why not." 

Zooey's heart is jumping with joy.

"GREAT!!"

"There's one thing I've always wanted to try to do with you." Marley said shyly.

Zooey gulped.

"Really?"

**
"Z...that's hot."

Zooey stared at her girlfriend, with no expression on her face. Marley is holding a spatula in one hand, tasting her dish.

"Cooking?" she asked.

"Is this what you want to try to do with me?"

"Of course. What else do you expect?" Marley replied, smirking.