Chapter 40 - Hug

Camila was sitting at the edge of her bed, in an unknown hotel room. She's not sure how many days has passed since she left Lauren. She hasn't talked to anyone other than Nicole who came to visit her everyday.

She reached down and picked up her bag. Slowly she took out her phone. She stared blankly at the dark screen. The battery was dead and Camila didn't even bother to charge it. She throws the phone on the bed before picking up her purse. She opened her pink purse and smiled at the memory of Lauren when they bought it together a few months ago. 

-- Flashback--

"It's too pink!" Lauren said.

"No it's not!" Camila retorts.

"Yes it is..it could attract robbers from miles away, there's no way I'm letting you buy that."

"What the..? Robbers? Hey, I'm not a kid!"

"Yeah, but you act just like one."

Camila pouted.

"Don't give me that look.."

Camila tugged Lauren's arm and continued to look at her with teary eyes.

"It's not going to work on me..not this time.." Lauren said, shaking her head.

Camila continued to pouts.

"Honey..you got like..a closet full of pink purse and handbags! No!"

The next day, Camila found the pink purse on bed, wrapped nicely with pink ribbons.

--Flashback ends--

Camila wiped a tear from her eye and smiled bitterly at the memory. She remembers everything she did together with Lauren. Their evening walks, their movie nights, their shopping trips, their milk moments, their failed attempts of cooking in the kitchen, their romantic dinners and their wild nights on bed.

"Lauren.." she said unconsciously. "I miss you."

Suddenly,  there's someone knocking on the door. Camila quickly stood up from the bed and walked to the door, wishing it's Lauren who showed up in front of the door.  She knows it's impossible, but she can't help but hope. 

"Good morning, Camila."

Nicole smiled as she stood in front of Camila's room.

Camila smiled weakly. "Morning, Nicole." 

Nicole entered the room and make her way to the sofa before sitting there. Camila joined Nicole on the sofa.