Chapter 16 - Sincere

"Give us a dozen choco donuts!" shouted Vanessa and Ashley in unison.

"Eh?" Joey stared at the girls, surprised.

"Hurry up, we're craving for choco donuts!" Ashley whined.

Joey quickly packed a box of donuts for the hungry girls. "Here you go." He handed the donuts.

"Thanks!" Vanessa said, excited.

Ashley and Vanessa sit together on a park bench, eating their donuts for lunch.

"I haven't eaten one of these for almost 2 weeks!" Vanessa said.

Ashley  chuckled. "Why? Were you on a donut strike?"

"You asked me why?! It's because of you.." Vanessa paused and looked away.

"What? Why me?" Ashley asked, oblivious.

Vanessa continues to munch her donuts, ignoring Ashley's questions. 

Ashley scoffed before smiling."You were avoiding me.."

"It has nothing to do with you, don't flatter yourself." Vanessa said, munching.

Ashley smiled. "It's too obvious, Nessa."

Vanessa stared at Ashley. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Ashley rolled her eyes and took another donut. They eat in silence. Suddenly, Ashley held Vanessa's hand. Vanessa was so surprised but she didn't pull her hand away. She stared at Ashley and she smiled.

"You know Vee, I never met anyone like you."

Ashley looked down. "I've always been with those so called rich and hypocrite friends." She paused. "And my mother..gosh, don't make me start on my mother." she continued said.

Vanessa chuckled. "Ashley, you should do this! Act like that! Why can't you be more like Lauren?!" Ashley mocked her mother.

Vanessa can't help but grinned.

"But with you..I can be myself." she said, soft.

Vanessa gulped.

"Vanessa, I really like you."

**
Camila is standing in front of the Napkin & Blankie's residence, looking for the door key. She just got back from Dinah's studio.

"Where is it?" Camila said to herself as she looked into her bag.