Chapter 31 - Somewhere

Zooey was walking towards the makeup room when suddenly Selena called her.

"Wait, Yoona!"

She stopped and turned to face her manager.

"What is it, Sel?"

"I have great news for you."

Zooey looked at her, confused. "Great news?"

Selena nodded. "Penshoppe wants you to be their new female spokesperson!" she said excited.

Zooey stared at Selena, her eyes wide. "Are you serious, Sel? But..but..I thought they've signed Marley!" 

Selena sighed. "They did, but Marley turned down the offer."

"Turned it down? But..why?" asked Zooey, puzzled.

Selena  put a hand over the confused girl's shoulder. "I think you know why." she said.

Zooey looked down. "It can't be..Is it because..of me?"

**
"Here you go." said Normani as she put down a glass of orange juice on the table.

Marley looked at the moody cafe owner. "What's with the smug face?" she asked.

Normani sighed and sat on a chair opposite of Marley, not saying anything. Marley looked at Normani, confused.

"Well..er..where's Dinah? I don't think I've seen her lately." she asked, trying to lift the mood.

Normani hissed upon hearing the name mentioned. Without warning she grabbed the juice and drank it.

"O..kay..I'm guessing you're thirsty..."

Normani put down the glass on the table with a thud causing Marley to flinch backwards.

"Let me tell you something." Normani said, staring straight at Marley.

Marley gulped.

"Don't get married too early. You might regret it." she said, before leaving with a cute scoff.

"What a scary bunny.." Marley mumbled slowly.

"You don't want to mess with an angry bunny." said a voice from behind.

Marley turned around to the familiar voice. Zooey  was standing behind her, smiling.

"Is this seat taken?" she asked.

"N..nn..no.." reply Marley, stuttering.