Chapter 35 - Separate

They drive back to Manhattan that evening with warm and fuzzy feelings in their tummy. Camila's couples retreat worked out after all. She smiled in content as she snuggled closer to Lauren in the backseat. Dinah was driving with Normani next to her. She glanced at her wife, can't help but wondering why she's being unusually quiet.

"Anything bothering you?" Dinah asked.

Normani turned her gaze from the window to the curious driver. She smiled. "Nothing, I'm just..tired."  Dinah nodded and smiled. She reached for Normani's hand before kissing it lovingly.

Normani chuckled before continuing to stare outside the window, once again lost in her thoughts.

Lauren and Camila..together?

**
In another car, the situation is opposite. Vanessa was happily driving and singing at the same time with her newly found duet partner, Ashley.

"And I know some day that it'll all turn out,

You'll make me work so we can work to work it out,

And I promise you kid that I give so much more than I get~"

They look at each other. 

"mmm.....I just haven't met you yet!"

They look away, laughing.

"Hey, I know you two are so in love and all..but can you please keep it down a little? Marley is sleeping." Zooey said from the backseat.

Marley was comfortably sleeping with her head on Zooey's shoulder.

"And Nessa, please keep your eyes on the road while driving. You kept glancing at Ashley every few seconds, it's dangerous.." she added.

Vanessa cheeks turned pink. "I DIDN'T!!" 

"Shhhhh!! You're too loud." Zooey said, annoyed.

Ashley chuckled and leaned towards the driver's seat.

"What are you doing?!" Vanessa asked, shocked.

Ashley gave a soft kiss on Vanessa's blushing cheeks causing the girl to blush even more. The car started to lose control.

"HEY! HOLD THE WHEELS WHILE YOU'RE DRIVING!!" shouted Zooey, panicked.

**
Lauren took a sip from her glass of milk. She's sitting at the dining table, having her breakfast before heading to the office.

"You want more?" asked Camila as she sat next to Lauren with a carton of milk.

Lauren smiled and shook her head. "I'm full once I see your face."