Chapter 17 - Honest

Zooey is locking herself in her room. She's been in there for almost 2 days. Her manager's attempt to bring her out of the room failed so she called Camila for help. Camila came there with Lauren as soon as Selena called.

"She missed her schedules, this is bad for her image.." Selena said as she walked alongside Camila towards Zooey's room.

"Ewii, open up the door." Camila said as she knocked the door gently.

But there's no answer.

"Ewii, please open the door, it's me."

Still no answer.

"It's your favourite cousin! You don't want to talk to me?!"

There's another long silence. Lauren sighed, she's thinking of breaking the door. Suddenly, the door opens.

"Zooey!" Camila called.

Zooey stood by the door, staring at Camila. She looked pale and her eyes are swollen from crying too much. Camila quickly hugged the girl.

"What happened, cousin?" she asked, gently.

Zooey broke the hug and sat on her bed.

"Marley..dumped me." she said, her voice shaken.

Camila stared at her cousin, shocked. She rushed to her side and put an arm over her shoulder. 

"It's not fair.." Zooey mumbled.

Camila could feel her cousin's pain and hugged her tightly.

"It's okay, Ewii.." she rubbed her back gently.

Selena sighed as she leaned on the wall.

"Marley is...too much." she suddenly said.

Camila and Zooey stared at her.

"What do you mean?" Lauren asked.

Selena stared at the sobbing Zooey in Camila's embrace.

"You can't keep crying like this..Marley is taking advantage of the situation."

Zooey looked up and stared at her manager.

"Huh?"

"You missed the second meeting with Clean & Clear and they decided to replace you with another model."