Chapter 27 - Regret

The Jauregui family were having a private family meeting in Albert Jauregui's hotel suite. He was sitting on a single sofa with a serious expression on his face. His personal assistant, Liam Smyth was standing loyally beside him. Lauren was sitting on a sofa across him, in between her mother and her sister. While Joanna and Ashley were sitting on another sofa. Lauren's father, Michael, Troy and his father, Simon were standing by.

Silence fills the huge suite until Albert sighed and took off his glasses. He looked at his precious granddaughter.

"Okay, can you tell me why you decided to climbed onto the stage and hit Nicole Scherzinger's face?" Albert asked to Lauren.

Lauren didn't say anything as she looked down. The atmosphere was tense as everyone was waiting for Lauren's explanation. Joanna suppressed a smile.

"It was..an accident."

Everyone stared at the girl's voice. Heather gulped as she feels eyes on her. She's just trying to help her sister.

"Accident?" Albert said, seriously as he stared at Heather.

"Okay, grandpa..maybe it's not." Heather gave up at her grandfather's intense stare.

Joanna scoffed at the sight.

"It's pretty obvious why she did it." she said suddenly.

Clara stared at her sister, signalling her not to spill anything. But Joanna glared at her.

"She and that girl..

"Were fighting." cuts Clara.

Lauren looked at her mother, confused.

"I mean..er..Lauren and Nicole are best friends for a long time..there are times when they took their arguments too far.." said Clara.

Joanna rolled her eyes.

"I need to hear it from you, Lauren." Albert said, gently.

Lauren looked up and stared softly at her grandfather. She and her grandfather are really close as she is his favourite granddaughter, the one that he has high hopes for. Clara held her daughter's right hand tightly while Heather held the other.

"You don't have to tell them. Yet." Clara whispered slowly.

"Tell us what?" asked Michael who overheard them.

Lauren smiled at her concern mother before looking at her grandfather.

"So why did you do that?" Albert repeats his question.